Aggie Ring for sale on eBay

9,863 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by halibut sinclair
kandersonag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I can maybe understand selling the ring of a deceased (no children, etc.), but is it okay to see a somewhat new Aggie Ring on eBay?
isitjustme
AG
Yes, it is ok to sell a newish Aggie ring on eBay, esp the class of 91 ring I just saw listed. First, if it's yours, you can sell it. Second, the ring I saw listed looks as if it belongs to one of our locals and the reason for the sale is extremely important to the seller and many others. I salute his commitment.
OnlyANobody
What agrab86 said. This makes me incredibly sad.
isitjustme
AG
Of course, there are also class of '15 & class of '18 rings for sale on eBay right now. But if they own them, they can sell them regardless of the reason.
91_Aggie
AG
Nm
The Anchor
AG
kandersonag02 said:

I can maybe understand selling the ring of a deceased (no children, etc.), but is it okay to see a somewhat new Aggie Ring on eBay?
You created a sock for this? Why do you care what people do with their stuff?
GoneGirl
AG
Happens all the time. I don't get why someone would buy them - I guess other than for the gold, but they're for sale and they sell.
"If you're in the midst of a midlife crisis, you could buy a convertible, have an affair, or upgrade your cup size. But you'll probably be happiest if you save a dog's life." - Jen Lancaster
GoneGirl
AG
agrab86 said:

Yes, it is ok to sell a newish Aggie ring on eBay, esp the class of 91 ring I just saw listed. First, if it's yours, you can sell it. Second, the ring I saw listed looks as if it belongs to one of our locals and the reason for the sale is extremely important to the seller and many others. I salute his commitment.

"If you're in the midst of a midlife crisis, you could buy a convertible, have an affair, or upgrade your cup size. But you'll probably be happiest if you save a dog's life." - Jen Lancaster
agnerd
AG
TxElsie said:

Happens all the time. I don't get why someone would buy them - I guess other than for the gold, but they're for sale and they sell.
Townies will buy them and go to Northgate. If someone buys a drink and hands it to a friend with a ring, the bartenders usually ignore it. TABC also usually isn't willing to break cover to check you out if you have a ring on. Bouncers give you less crap since you're more likely to be a repeat customer and one of the coveted over-21 customers.
techno-ag
AG
agnerd said:

TxElsie said:

Townies will buy them and go to Northgate. If someone buys a drink and hands it to a friend with a ring, the bartenders usually ignore it. TABC also usually isn't willing to break cover to check you out if you have a ring on. Bouncers give you less crap since you're more likely to be a repeat customer and one of the coveted over-21 customers.
I suspect some people buy them as "backups" for business trips and such, too.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
halibut sinclair
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.