Age Controlled Streets in Nantucket?

2,472 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Flatlander
BeenSent
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone had experience with "Age-Controlled" streets in Nantucket or College Station?

It is not something I am familiar with and I was wondering if it is a positive or negative.

Been looking for a home for my Mother in BCS and thought this might be a nice option.

Thanks.

"Around our house, dog hair is a condiment." Westminster Dog Show, 2008
halibut sinclair
There's a nice 55 plus area off Broadmoor behind the post office in Bryan.
armymom
Wood Creek has zero lot homes that gear toward the older crowd. Might have a few but very few families.
momlaw
AG
Please grant me this tangent.
Moved to Bakersfield, California in 1985 via Alaska.
The age controlled neighborhood at the time was known as Kern City (as in county name). It was older construction, had deed restrictions for guests, residents,etc. Most remarkable were the crushed rock covered yards, most painted shades of green. Pretty sure the landscapers union was not around when this trend took root and they were ahead of the drought water restriction nazis.

Thank you for memory lane. Carry on.
momlaw
legalbird
There is a popular neighborhood that entertained the idea of defining a "family" so that college kids would stay out. The HOA quickly learned about the millions of dollars of potential lawsuits and gave up on how a family should be defined.
Franciscan46
I think the subdivision you are looking for is South Hampton, which is adjacent to Nantucket. There is a property for sale in there. Also, Woodcreek, on the east side of HWY 6 has an area of Patio Homes that are also age restricted. There is also a property there for sale.
I hope this information helps. I am a realtor if you need one.
Flatlander
South Hampton is not age-restricted. You may be thinking of 'The Cove at Nantucket' which is the next subdivision down from South Hampton (going south). However I am not certain if it is actually age-restricted or not. It's a subdivision full of garden homes, but I know several young families that live there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.