1775 Pit BBQ

24,867 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Anubus
Broncos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know the Aggieland board is all about their BBQ so I have to give these guys a shout out. I hadn't really heard about them until I had their brisket and turkey at a wedding last weekend. I have to say that the brisket was one of the best I have ever had. Amazing pepper rub and the meat was like butter. I'm usually not a huge turkey fan because I find it dry and bland a lot of the time but I would definitely get this turkey again. The sides, especially the corn was excellent as well.

After some inquiry I learned they've got a place on FM 60 toward Snook that's open Thurs-Saturday. I'll definit be making this place a regular stop. I highly recommend.
BaitShack
AG
Curious if the owner(s) are Marines.
JP76
Where at in Snook?
UmustBKidding
Isn't that the place on 60 before they Brazos on South side someone was talking about on coming and going a month ago. If so definitely in Brazos county
https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/2920700/43#discussion towards bottom
Broncos
If driving toward Snook on 60 it's the last building on the left before the Brazos River. It's in Brazos County. I haven't eaten at their place yet but I drove by it Sunday. There appears to be some picnic tables on a wood deck if you want to eat out there. There is a large metal building with their logo on it but I'm not sure if there's seating inside or if that's kitchen area.

Not sure if they are Veterans. Super nice people though.
TejasAg
AG
I've eaten this a few times now and really enjoy it. Meats are all good, brisket and hot sausage remind me of Stiles Switch in Austin. Scratch made sides are also very good, I enjoy the corn casserole the most. The people are very friendly and their portions on the plates are pretty generous. I'd recommend giving it a try if you have a chance.
Fishing Fools
Go Army!
Ag2Max
AG
Might give them a try before the game tomorrow!! Thanks for the heads up!
TexasAggie_02
AG
it's my absolute favorite BBQ.

They are open Thurs, Fri, Sat (except when catering) from 11-4 (or until they run out). It's always best to check their facebook page before driving out there. They update it every Thurs-Sat to let people know if they are open or not.

https://www.facebook.com/slowsmoke75/
woodometer
AG
Food Truck Friday with 1775 Texas Pit BBQ
ChampsAg
Went today and all I could say was Wow! Easily in my top 3 BBQ joints for overall experience. Meats and sides were superb.

Stay away! It's mine! All mine!
Broncos
ChampsAg said:

Went today and all I could say was Wow! Easily in my top 3 BBQ joints for overall experience. Meats and sides were superb.

Stay away! It's mine! All mine!

Not today! I plan on getting there before 11:30!
UmustBKidding
I think they have catering and will not be open check their Facebook
Broncos
According to their FB they're open with brisket, ribs, turkey, and sausage today.
UmustBKidding
Good to know, was looking a few days ago and it said closed sat, maybe was last week.
Broncos
Yea, last Saturday was the wedding I learned about this place.
GSS
Broncos said:

According to their FB they're open with brisket, ribs, turkey, and sausage today.
Copied from FB: Good morning! Today's menu will be Prime Brisket, Duroc Pork Ribs, Turkey, Hot and Mild sausage, Scratch Pinto Beans, Corn Casserole, Loaded Mash Potato and Cole Slaw. Open at 11 see ya soon!

8203 Raymond Stotzer Parkway Suite C
College Station, Texas 77845

(979) 492-6241
ukbb2003
Just got back from there and all I can say is WOW!!! Brisket and sausage was amazing. Turkey was really good. The beans were fantastic. The only downside was that they were out of the corn and mashed potatoes. I was really looking forward to trying the corn.
pattybrhg
The good:
It seemed like a really kind family run type operation. The decking was a cute little add on with football on an outdoor big screen. The bbq wasn't in the Kreuz, Fargo's, All the Kings Men type range, though it was signifcatly closer to that than like C&J's for sure. The price was in line with them as well.

The bad:
It was a painfully slow, inefficient operation. I arrived at 11:03 having missed the parking lot turn off with no road signage. There were 3 people at tables inside and two other people in line to order when I arrived. I ordered 3 orders to go - all smaller than a 2 meat plate - and waited 40 minutes for the order. Before the second person in line (presumably 5th person overall after opening at 11:00), they were already out of 2 of the 3 sides that they had posted on Facebook and their chalkboard, saying that they'd just received a call-in order. Three minutes and 4 orders taken after being open and already out of sides was shockingly bad.

They offered free drinks for the wait, but at that point I was already about to be late back to work, so I didn't even have a chance to make good on that while running for the car.

To sum up:
I really hope the nice folks who run this place make improvements and I wish them well. There's zero chance that I or my work place right around the corner will be trying this place again until they've had a really long while to work out the kinks. Given unlimited time to sit and wait and wait on counter service from a food truck, it's pretty decent. That'd be a rough wait at a sit down establishment but pretty outlandish for a walk up counter service food truck. Give it a try if you have a flexible day and are wildly flexible about side order offerings or even availability. Ultimately, this operation seems prepared to cater but not for an open food service type environment.
Jetty
AG
I guess we were all there at the same time! We arrrived at 11:20 waited in line behind 3 others. Ordered a Pound of lean brisket 1/2 L.B. hot sausage 1/2 L.B. mild sausage to go. Took about an hour from getting in line to receiving our food. Owner(?) kept walking around saying just a few more minutes. Mild sausage is great. We didn't get any hot? Taking it to all to Jamaica Beach for lunch tomorrow.

They gave us a card and said to call in our order for no waiting next time. We will try it again...but hope they get more efficient!
FlyRod
They sound pretty far from the bypass. Hope they make it.
Eliminatus
AG
Hadn't even heard of this place until I clicked this page. Definitely excited to try them out.

Sidenote: I have always assumed that with eateries like mom and pop BBQ joints, they tend to lean on the conservative side when it comes to preparing the days dishes. Less waste when the day happens to be slower than usual. So when busy they tend to run out quickly.
pattybrhg
FlyRod said:

They sound pretty far from the bypass. Hope they make it.

You definitely don't go there by accident. It's not a bad drive at all though.

On the other hand nothing wrong with going to Snow's once you get to the county line. Lol
legalbird
So many eateries have pictures of driveways/sheetrock/baseball.

Take pictures of food, cooking, plating, etc. Customers want to see what they will be eating.
Broncos
Broncos said:

From the 1775 Pit BBQ Facebook: We want to personally thank everyone for coming out and dining with us this week. As we are always looking for ways to improve your experience we will be making some changes to our order system at the trailer. We feel taking a couple orders at a time will insure that our guest will receive food in a more timely manner. There will also be a number system for pick up at the window. We always appreciate your feedback and value your business. Thanks 1775 Texas Pit BBQ Team

This was posted today on their Facebook.

Also, I briefly spoke to one of the owners on Saturday who mentioned adding more briskets due to the heavy increase in business.
ChampsAg
Went again today. We were first so no line issues. Seemed to be running ok though.

It was better today than last week and last week was good
RMC91
AG
TheAlarmGuy
Legit
Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516 | State Lic B09523
Aggieangler93
AG
May need to try this place on the way in for the ULM game.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
ChampsAg
you can call your order in. look them up on Facebook
Wicked Good Ag
We were impressed with everything on the menu we got today. The portions are really good. We got two three meat plates to go and enough for the whole family and a couple of out of towners.
Only issue we had was the potato salad was a bit too wet for the ones that like potato salad.
While all the meats were very good the stamp they will likely make statewide will be the turkey
jja79
AG
1775 and C&C are the best in town IMO.
(Removed:11023A)
AG
I like Martin's
jja79
AG
Give these 2 places a try.
Max06
AG
Where is C&C?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.