Getting a message on Jumbotron at Kyle Field

5,055 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Rearview
jasonkidd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone have any contacts about posting messages on the jumbotron at Kyle Field?

TIA
91_Aggie
AG
I bet you get a discount if you let them Bevel it.
Koko Chingo
AG
I believe the 12th man handles that. Try 979-846-8892 or 979-847-8131
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
be 100% sure she's gona say "yes" before you ask for an answer in front of 100k+. i learned this lesson the hard way.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Be sure to prepare yourself if she says no.

Just sayin'.

[edit] DAMMIT! Beaten by one damn minute!
AggieBaseball06
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

be 100% sure she's gona say "yes" before you ask for an answer in front of 100k+. i learned this lesson the hard way.

Story time?
BrazosDog02
AG
I would hope she is a decent enough human being to have the courtesy or forethought to say YES on the jumbotron and then back out peacefully soon after to spare you, presumably a person she cares about, the embarrassment.

If she isn't then I'd say that is definitely not the kind of person you want to spend the rest of your life with. LOL.

duffelpud
AG
I had a roommate in college here at A&M back in the 80's decide to pop the question on a balloon ride, so he had me and another roommate spell out the proposal using paper plates - ala dot-matrix style - on Simpson Drill Field. Captain Dan of 'Wild Thing' plotted a course directly over it and, when the moment came, my buddy dropped on bended knee while she read the message.

She said, "I'll have to give it some serious though".

They had another hour aloft before landing. I was told by the crew that it was a very quiet flight.
"What's this button do?"
Capt Dan
AG

I was told they eventually did get married. Yes?
jasonkidd
Got in contact with the marketing department at kyle field. For future reference. Kyle field does not allow for birthday/engagement/congratulations/etc messages on the jumbotron.
duffelpud
AG
Capt Dan said:

I was told they eventually did get married. Yes?
Yes, and they still are.

I chatted with him last month about an aviation project. He thinks he wants to build a Pietenpol Air Camper and was asking me to locate a very specific power plant for it.
"What's this button do?"
AggieBaseball06
AG
jasonkidd said:

Got in contact with the marketing department at kyle field. For future reference. Kyle field does not allow for birthday/engagement/congratulations/etc messages on the jumbotron.
False. You just haven't donated enough money to the school. I guarantee you if Artie McFerrin had ever wanted a message on the Jumbotron, he would have gotten it.
Scruffy
AG
See my reply above.
chucktheaggiejeweler
Sponsor
AG
I had a client years ago learn that the hard way. Was that you?
God's Peace,
Chuck

Fifth C Jewelry
UmustBKidding
I'm sure he could have asked and it would have instantly happened. But he would never have asked. He was the one of the most generous and humble people ever. This also extends to his family. When he endowed things it ment that the money would be used for the good of others and not the inheritance of the children. They were asked and approve of these outlays. That why it's the McFerrin center, endowed chair, etc. the whole family gave for it to happen. What a testament to them. There are plenty of big ag doners that would have not qualms to ask. But not the McFerrin's
He is missed by all that knew him.

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Lol, my comment above was tongue n cheek but agree with the poster a few above. How can any decent good person sincerely say "no" in front of thousands of people and cause that kinda embarrassment to the other person? I'd have to question either someone's intelligence or heart if they responded "no" in front of everyone.

Just say "yes" and go back in private and set the record straight when there aren't 100k people waching your every word.
Bucketrunner
UmustBKidding said:

I'm sure he could have asked and it would have instantly happened. But he would never have asked. He was the one of the most generous and humble people ever. This also extends to his family. When he endowed things it ment that the money would be used for the good of others and not the inheritance of the children. They were asked and approve of these outlays. That why it's the McFerrin center, endowed chair, etc. the whole family gave for it to happen. What a testament to them. There are plenty of big ag doners that would have not qualms to ask. But not the McFerrin's
He is missed by all that knew him.

One of the humblest, kindest people I have ever met. We were only acquaintances, but I still think of him fondly and wish there were more like him.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Hasn't that thing been rebranded and now is officially the JIMBOtron?
mwm
At first glance, I read the title as "Getting a massage on Jumbotron at Kyle Field." Then, I read the title more carefully.
Rearview
AG
mwm said:

At first glance, I read the title as "Getting a massage on Jumbotron at Kyle Field." Then, I read the title more carefully.
Probably cheaper!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.