Fall Sports 2018!

2,006 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Oogway
Oogway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Calling all Bluejay, Bulldog, Cougar, Eagle, Hornet, Lion, Rattler, and Tiger fans! We've got several fall sports that are underway (Cross Country, Football, Tennis, and Volleyball) so if you've got a ***POSITIVE shoutout for a team, let's hear about it:

• Congrats to the ______ team on that come-from-behind victory!

• Did anyone else see that awesome play/throw/shot at the _________ game?

• 'You don't want to miss this game!' The _____ team is playing the _____!

• The _______ team ran really well this weekend. They are looking fast.

• I think the ______ are going to the playoffs. Good luck to them!

• And so on, I'm sure you'll think of things.

I'll start: Congrats to the Viking volleyball team, that was an exciting match with Consol! Hope no one left early!

****It should go without saying that these are youth we are encouraging here so please remember if you cannot refrain from posting snide, judgemental, arch, or classless comments about teams then you are better off starting your own thread. Adults model good or poor sportsmanship and can ruin a young person's enthusiasm for a healthy lifestyle through athletics with their behavior. I'd prefer it if the staff of TexAgs doesn't have to come play referee for a thread that should be pretty self explanatory. If you think it is corny, that's okay, I'm sure you can find another group of cool kids to hang with.
Oogway
Lots of sports action leading into the weekend; if you know of a game etc that I missed, please add it!

The Rangers, Tigers, and Vikings football teams had scrimmages Thursday, and the Cougars head to Temple to have their turn. Everybody is getting tuned up for their District action.

The Ranger Volleyball team is digging into play at the Smithson Valley Texas showdown tournament (away), the Cougars are playing Clear Creek (away), the Vikings are at the Leander tournament (away) and the Tigers are joining the Vikings at Leander while subvarsity are playing at Montgomery.

The Cougar boys XC team is racing at the Belton Invitational today and the Rudder Ranger teams are traveling to Cedar Park for the Vista Ridge Invite. On Saturday, the Cougar ladies and both Tiger XC teams will be running over hill and dale at the Mud Sweat and Cheers course in Cooks Point. Watch out for fire ants!

Best of luck to all as they compete and cheer for all as they represent their schools!
halibut sinclair
Go Vikings!!!!
Oogway
The Lady Vikings must have heard you and are winning matches today. I believe the Tigers won today as well. Haven't heard scores from the other schools but hopefully they did well too!
Oogway
Some volleyball games tonight:

College Station travels to Georgetown East View

Bryan is playing Tomball Memorial

A&M Consolidated plays Rouse R

Rudder travels to Temple to play the Wiildkats

Go teams go!

Oogway
Football games & scores:

A&M Consolidated played Thursday night at Killeen Ellison and won 48-7. Congratulations!

Bryan Vikings play Waller at home this evening at 7pm.

College Station plays Richmond Foster at home beginning at 7:30. It is also their Family Fun Night which starts at 6:30.

Rudder plays at Bastrop. Game begins at 7:30.

Most games are available on radio for those who cannot attend. Or go to radioaggieland.com and click on high school sports.

Good luck to all!

Volleyball games:

Bryan Vikings are at Langham Creek

A&M Consolidated Tigers are away at Fort Bend Bush

College Station Cougars play at the Clear Creek ISD tournament

Rudder Rangers play at Navasota Friday.

Go ladies go!

Cross Country

The Bryan Vikings ran at the Huntsville Invitational on Thursday.

The College Station ladies will be running this weekend at the CC Moody Invitational.

The Rudder Rangers ran at Temple this morning.

Run fast!
Oogway
Final: Bryan 20 Waller 10. Congratulations Vikings!

The CS vs R. Foster game has been going back and forth, but I don't know the score. Hang in there team!
BaitShack
AG
42 to 38 CSHS wins
Final
Oogway
Thanks for posting the score!

Congrats to the Cougars!
Stupe
S
That was a good win by CSHS. Foster went to the Quarterfinals last year in 5A Div 1
Oogway
College Station Varsity and JV ladies each won their divisions at the CC Moody XC Invitational this morning. Congratulations on your team victories and any PRs!

Some volleyball results from last evening:
Rudder wins in 5 over Navasota. Good job!
AMC Tigers won over Fort Bend Bush. Congratulations!
College Station Cougars win over Bellville. Way to go!
Langham Creek bested Bryan. Chins up ladies and on to the next match!

Oogway
Some kudos and game schedules:

Cougar Boys Cross Country ran at the Midway Invitational this week. Varsity won their division and JV placed second in theirs. Congratulations!

The Cougar ladies will be running at the Region 3 Preview meet in Huntsville. They will be joined by both teams from AMC.

The Rudder teams will be in Grapeland for a meet while Bryan is having an off week.

Volleyball has some great games tonight:

AMC Tigers will be hosting the crosstown Cougar team. Bryan will be playing at Cypress Lakes and Rudder is playing at Brenham.

For football fans, the original crosstown showdown between the Bryan Vikings and the AMC Tigers at Tiger stadium begins at 7. Since the volleyball game is also at Consolidated, remember not to park in the fire lanes!

Rudder will be traveling to Elgin, while the Cougar Varsity has the evening off. (JV played the Woodlands this week and won)

Good luck to all who have games this week! Don't forget to catch the halftime shows, those students are working hard everyday to represent their school!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.