Suddenlink TV Signal Issues

12,007 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Rabbit
BCSMom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Been having problems with Suddenlink since Friday. Called and said they were having issues in this area. Static channels, signal loss, sound goes in and out. I called yesterday and there was no ETA of when it would be fixed.

Seriously thinking of going with Dish or Directv. Started cable services in May and nothing but issues.
InMyOpinion
BCSMom said:

Been having problems with Suddenlink since Friday. Called and said they were having issues in this area. Static channels, signal loss, sound goes in and out. I called yesterday and there was no ETA of when it would be fixed.

Seriously thinking of going with Dish or Directv. Started cable services in May and nothing but issues.

Curious what you had prior and why you switched to Suddenlink for cable services in May. I'm only asking because I don't know anyone that has added cable services, wether it is Suddenlink, Directv or Dish unless they just moved here. Streaming is the way to go.
BCSMom
We had dish prior just didn't want to be in a contract. I know more people with cable/satellite than streaming!
InMyOpinion
BCSMom said:

We had dish prior just didn't want to be in a contract. I know more people with cable/satellite than streaming!

Gotcha. I too know more people with cable/satellite but that's because that's what they have had for years. Every person I know that has made a recent change switched to streaming.
happyinBCS
Suddenlink internet has cut off many times today for what we pay this sucks....
momlaw
AG
Our cable reception has improved but phone service has deteriorated to an embarrassing level today. It has been a day filled with business phone calls. Every single one has had deteriorating/garbled audio then me not hearing anything and the other party hearing me. Several calls had to be redialed multiple times to complete short information exchange.

This after spending 30 minutes this morning to pay my bill in automated system that would not accept validated payment information as verified by two Suddenlink service reps. I would have been charged $10 if they took care of issue. Nuts.

Free markets, capitalism not this garbage.
momlaw
HRGuy
AG
We have been streaming for a couple of years and enjoy Hulu, Netflix, etc.....

Only problem is we have Suddenlink internet 200 and it goes out at least once per show.

Hat in hand, thinking of hooking back to Directv......... football season starts next week, gotta do something
It is time to put the chairs in the wagon
JayHowdy!
I had the same issues with Suddenlink over the weekend. It is better now. The worst channels were the major networks.

I am thinking about cutting the cable, but am too old figure it all out, but with the rates going up and poor quality, i will get my grandson to hook me up.
phatpat21
Just switched back to suddenlink from YouTube tv, only because they offered us the 200 package for only 29.99, so I canceled YouTube Tv. YouTube tv is great if your looking for $42. Make sure your internet is good though. We haven't really had any problems until lately and it's been buffering a lot which gets annoying. Once again tho that's not their fault. But all that to say, I'm not impressed with the quality of my channels right now with Suddenlink, doesn't appear to be 1080p. Any way to change that?
InMyOpinion
phatpat21 said:

Just switched back to suddenlink from YouTube tv, only because they offered us the 200 package for only 29.99, so I canceled YouTube Tv. YouTube tv is great if your looking for $42. Make sure your internet is good though. We haven't really had any problems until lately and it's been buffering a lot which gets annoying. Once again tho that's not their fault. But all that to say, I'm not impressed with the quality of my channels right now with Suddenlink, doesn't appear to be 1080p. Any way to change that?

I assume that 29.99 is in addition to what you were paying for Internet so you got a "bundled" price. Does this 29.99 price include hardware - TiVo and TV Minis for multiple TV.

Honestly my biggest frustration was paying all the equipment fees. I didn't like paying as much for the service but never had problems and always get internet speeds I pay for. Switch to streaming 2 months ago and couldnt be happier.

phatpat21
Great question, i just have HDTV no DVR
Do you know anything about whether Suddenlink broadcasts in 1080p? Or is it 720? I went thru my settings last night and couldn't find it. I know for a fact yoU could used to go in and change the HD settings.
I'll look at my first bill and see
If it's more expensive than I realized I will switch back to YouTube TV. Like I said, I really enjoy YouTube TV but recently we have had problems with streaming, mostly I assume because of problems with Suddenlink internet. We rarely have problems so we will see what happens once football starts. It's nice to have Discovery Channel and Food Network and a few others that we don't have with YouTube TV.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I just ditched directv and went with youtube tv. Been going three weeks and using Suddenlink 400 unlimited plan. No issues, whatsoever. And the stream is extremely good.
phatpat21
I wonder if I go back if I neee to just adjust my speed. Pretty sure we have the 200, which should be plenty fast. We still have it for a month and I swear the picture is better with YouTube TV than Suddenlink.
I'll see tomorrow when there a couple of football games on tomorrow evening but right now the picture is way clearer
phatpat21
So after actually looking at my bill now, I'm canceling suddenlink tv again. It's not cheaper than YouTube TV. They say it's 29.99 but once you add in all the crap for it, it's $50. I paid $42 for YouTube TV. So for all that, I'll continue with it and continue to enjoy it and hope the internet keeps up
halibut sinclair
phatpat21 said:

Do you know anything about whether Suddenlink broadcasts in 1080p? Or is it 720? I went thru my settings last night and couldn't find it. I know for a fact yoU could used to go in and change the HD settings.

Suddenlink broadcasts whatever the network signal is and that varies from network to network. Most still use 720p or 1080i. Changing it to 1080p on the cable box doesn't really make a difference.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-definition_television_in_the_United_States#List_of_current_American_high-definition_channels
Oogway
Our Suddenlink TV has been fine, but boy the internet has been going out today. We rarely have issues so I am wondering if it is the influx of technology owning students or something else.....
happyinBCS
Suddenlink SUCKS cannot even watch gameday when it is here in town I cannot watch it at all on my HD tv but on a non HD tv in another room it is about 80% better anyone else having the same problem?
ComfortAg
AG
happyinBCS said:

Suddenlink SUCKS cannot even watch gameday when it is here in town I cannot watch it at all on my HD tv but on a non HD tv in another room it is about 80% better anyone else having the same problem?
ESPN keeps cutting out during Gameday. Switched over to stream on Roku and everything is perfect, so if it's not corrected by game time that will be the option.
TheAlarmGuy
Game Day has not missed a beat on Dish Network
Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516 | State Lic B09523
BCSMom
Same here with Suddenlink. Nothing but problems!
happyinBCS
This is insane 35 on my other TV's is fine on my HD box to watch the game a black screen but every other HD channel is working perfect on the HD box
AggieAces06
AG
Anyone one else having issues watching the game? This is rediculous.
GlassHalfFull
Yep,just started about 10 minutes ago.
happyinBCS
for the price we pay as I said they SUCK
JCRiley09
AG
Espn went black during the final 5 minutes or so of today's game. Absolutely preposterous. I was watching the end of the game on an iphone
happyinBCS
out again this morning we should get a refund
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Youtube tv through my roku has been stellar for a month. Oh and i use sudden link internet. No issues.
AgsWin2011
AG
We quit suddenlink cable about 5 months ago. Kept their internet but have DirecTV Now. Picture quality is better than what I had with Suddenlink and Direc TV satellite.

Also my bill is $50 a month. Cable and Satellites will soon be a thing of the past just like CDs and Standalone MP3 players.
Kitten With A Whip
I lost ESPN with 2 minutes on the clock and missed the end of the game completely! I was spitting fire and nails for a good hour after it was all over with, so it's a good thing Suddenlinks automated crap you have to sift through to get to a human being is a HUGE pile of crap! I am pretty certain I would have chewed someone a new ear hole right through the phone!!!

It's still going in an out today, but that's no surprise. The last time there was an "outtage" in our area, I was told the repair men do not work after hours or on weekends. With what we pay for their **** service, they should be working around the clock when there are reported issues.
BCSMom
Having signal issues with channel 5. I'm seriously going to be calling dish or directv this week. This is absolutely ridiculous.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
My tv reception has sucked all weekend.
Great CaesarsGhost
AG
I have been a Suddenlink defender in the past (and have used the local cable companies since the early '80s), but the last few weeks our cable signal has absolutely sucked (I can't think of a better word to describe it). On top of that, they raised our rate 2 months ago.

The service/signal on tv has gone downhill for about a year. I've called and gotten no resolution. I'm going to a satellite service. Once they see a decrease in subscribers maybe they will get the message, but then it will be too late.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I think some suddenlink tv customers only stay with them so they'll have something to complain about. You're not stuck with them for tv. There are plenty of options. Move on.
BCSMom
Anyone with issues live in these neighborhoods? We live in Raintree. Apparently there's an ongoing issue and supposed to be resolved in a few days.

Woodcreek, Emerald Forest, Foxfire and Raintree.
happyinBCS
I live in Woodcreek and it has been horrible for the last few weeks
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.