Suddenlink TV Signal Issues

12,010 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Rabbit
Kitten With A Whip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm in the WPC area.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
BCSMom said:

Anyone with issues live in these neighborhoods? We live in Raintree. Apparently there's an ongoing issue and supposed to be resolved in a few days.

Woodcreek, Emerald Forest, Foxfire and Raintree.

Yep im in Emerald Forest. I called em yesterday and after going through a sh**** automated system i was on hold for 25mins. Then got the most lifeless operator imaginable. She insisted on getting my pin and i told her i didn't know it. Then asked her if she really thought an imposter of mine would wana call in to complain about the tv signal. She really seemed like she had been fielding complaint calls all day and had no energy left. She simply hit some sorta reset button on her end and 10 mins later my reception was back and clear.
duffelpud
AG
Live in Sandstone area and we missed the end of the A&M game. It also went out last night for a while between 7:00pm and 10:00pm when I gave up and went to bed.
"What's this button do?"
nwspmp
Highly recommend a backup.

Fairly certain that if you have Suddenlink, you should have access to the ESPN app. If so, load that on a backup Roku or AppleTV or something and if you have a problem, switch over to it. There were reports of it being a bit behind, but a blank screen is 100% behind.

I've been on the streaming only item for a while now, and ESPN app has yet to fail me.

FWIW, the $29.99/month thing keeps getting advertised here, but it's all the extra taxes and fees that they have that kept me from going back. $29.99/month plus Franchise Fee, plus Sales Tax, plus Public, Education, Government Fee, plus FCC Fee, plus Broadcast Station Surcharge fee, plus Regional Sports fee, plus the rental of the equipment that's required now since they went to an all digital, all encrypted format. Don't even think about getting someone worth half a crap and getting an M-Card for anything but a TiVo either... DTVNow = $40/month + sales tax. That's it. Since doing this, my Internet price has never changed except for when I changed the package (400/40 no cap plan now) and my DTVNow has gone up by $5/month total since I've had it, and they've added a number of channels.
happyinBCS
no doubt unless I live on an island in woodcreek Suddenlink continues to suck big time
happyinBCS
TBS for the Astros game does not work on the big TV with the large box other TV's work perfect with the small box I have followed the protocol per the online troubleshooting for the error code it did not help then it said call them which we all know is a joke Any suggestions
Gunner0740
Have a friend that lives off Harvey rd and he has not been able to get either ESPN or TBS for several days. He called suddenlink and they told him the old "turn it off and turn it back on" answer. Outside of that, they didn't have any answer as to why it wasn't working. Suddenlink proving again why it is garbage...
Kitten With A Whip
happyinBCS said:

TBS for the Astros game does not work on the big TV with the large box other TV's work perfect with the small box I have followed the protocol per the online troubleshooting for the error code it did not help then it said call them which we all know is a joke Any suggestions
I know Suddenlink is garbage, BELIEVE ME, I know, but do call them and at least have them do a hard reset on your box. Occasionally, they will offer to do a soft reset during the automated jabber and once in a while they'll do a hard reset on automated, as well, if the soft reset didn't work.

In any case, however it's done, automated or live person, a hard reset does resolve a good number of issues.

During the Kentucky game, the score box overlay at the bottom of the screen was all out of whack and we could NOT see the time clock at all, which drove us all nearly insane. Hard reset fixed it in about 5 seconds flat. I was pissed I hadn't called sooner! Ugh.
AgDotCom
Anyone else having trouble with getting ESPN on Suddenlink the past week?

I've missed half the bowl games because of this. I'm shouldn't have to go through ESPN apps, or Roku, or anything else to watch this, I'm paying for it to be delivered to my TVs as is.

The other ESPN channels are fine. Just checking to see if it's just me having these issues before I call Suddenlink to jump in the middle of their backside.
Aggie94
AG
Not just you. We've been having the ESPN issue for months, contacted Suddenlink each time it happens (on the advice of the tech who came out and said the problem is Suddenlink's signal, not our equipment). Wife is going to file complaint with FCC tomorrow as Suddenlink has done nothing to rectify problem...
momtaxi
Nope no issues with espn or any channels over off of rock prairie. Everything is coming in clear as can be. It's not a suddenlink issue has to be somewhere in yalls houses
curry97
AG
Had problems not long ago with multiple channels including ESPN and ESPN2. The issue occurred only with the main cable box in the living room.
Usually noticed the problem after it rained.

Tech came out and tested the signal and put a signal booster in the media control box. All channels worked then except for ESPN2. He replaced the main cable box and have had no problems since.
Aggie94
AG
We were told by a tech who came out it wasn't our equipment, momtaxi.
Rabbit
AG
We've been having a lot of pixelation on ESPN for a week or so. And now we're not getting the Sun Bowl on KBTX (Channel 5) at all. We're in Austin's Colony.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.