Anyone else seen Jesus walking around Aggieland?

2,814 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Aggie
AgsWin2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Within a last couple months I was driving on 21 between 6 and 2818. All of a sudden I see this man walking towards oncoming traffic on the sidewalk or grassy area (can't remember all the details). He's wearing a white gown or robe with a cross around his neck, white hair and beard, and carrying a staff.

Fast forward to today, I see him again near Eastwood on 2818. Same exact guy, same exact clothing.

Anyone else seen this guy? The first time I saw him I did a double take and then laughed. Today it was just kinda creepy.

I figure he's probably just trying to get attention like the guy who used to mount himself horizontal on a street pole at the corner of George Bush and Welborn.
Love Gun
You might want to schedule a visit with your doctor.

No, seriously. I think he looks more like Moses. I've seen him by Blinn. Just walks and waves at cars. The media interviewed him a few weeks back and he is a very laid back dude. Very happy and religious
AgsWin2011
AG
I agree he looks a little more like Moses but being that he wore a white robe and had a cross around his neck I figured he was going for the Jesus look.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, we get a kick out of Moses whenever we see him. Always near 2818 on 21. He must have his tent pitched over there somewhere.
JMac03
AG
It's Moses. Lots of stuff on FB about him.

People say he is super friendly and I think just trying to spread the "Good Word". He waved at me the other day, I waved back.
OnlyANobody
http://www.facebook.com/RustySuretteTV/videos/2121532544793647/
Average Joe
AG
He was on the overpass at Rock Prairie a few days ago. Seemed like I nice guy.
Rockdoc
AG
Moses has been eating pretty good!
Okenstradingpost
No offense but why would Moses or Jesus have a cross?
In their time it had no meaning .
Rex Racer
AG
I see him fairly regularly at about 7:40 AM walking on Villa Maria towards Texas Avenue.
76Ag
AG
I don't think Moses wore a cross since that symbol was in the future for his time. Maybe he missed his flight or was looking for Aggieland Outfitters.
bobinator
AG
I've seen him all the way over at SW Parkway and 6. Dude is hiking for it being as hot as it is this time of year.

Someone pull over and point out the anachronistic cross though and let us know what he says, we deserve answers.
jac4
AG
Okenstradingpost said:

And weren't both of them Middle Eastern? A white dude dressing up as Jesus is cultural appropriation.
Post removed:
by user
AggieBaseball06
AG
Okenstradingpost said:

I feel like at the end of Jesus' time, the cross had some significant meaning to him.
MaroonBloodedAg2010
Saw him in Caldwell on 21 today. Super nice guy if you talk to him. He walks like 40 miles a day just waving to people and talking to anyone who wants to talk.
Cholula Verde
AG
Social media! Wonder how many would notice if Elvis joined Moses on his treks around BCS and the surrounding communities?
Oogway
JMac03 said:

It's Moses. Lots of stuff on FB about him.

People say he is super friendly and I think just trying to spread the "Good Word". He waved at me the other day, I waved back.

Us, too! Our family likes seeing him and it has sparked some conversations in the car about all sorts of things.

Having someone wave in kindness is not a bad thing, it's friendly!
histag10
AG
I saw him maybe a month ago on Texas in Bryan. Seems really friendly and waves and smiles at everyone
OnlyANobody
If you haven't, you should follow the link I shared. He did an interview. Nice guy. (at least in the interview)
Maybe Next Year
AG
Waved at this fella on Barron today
joho
Maybe Next Year said:

Waved at this fella on Barron today
Lo, for so too did I lay eyes upon this traveler on the morning of this day, during my journey on the road from the Gated Castles. His greeting did warm my heart as well.
Aggie
AG
Saw him today in Navasota
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.