Where to donate on-line mattress return

1,715 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Maedan86
Maedan86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I bought a high quality mattress on-line that allows you to try it for up to 100 days and then return it if you are not happy with it.

The one I got (Nest Bedding Alexander Hybrid medium) is a bit too soft for me so I am returning. However, in lieu of returning they have instructed me to donate to a local charity.

It's a brand new awesome mattress, just too soft - I've had it for just over 30 days.

Any suggestions of where I should donate appreciated.

Ratsa
I'd check with Family Promise, which helps homeless families get back on their feet. A lot of the families they serve don't have any furniture when they graduate from the program into their own apartment.
legalbird
This topic comes up every other day. There is one local charity that truly helps people in this town and they have a few resale shops in College Station and Bryan. There are numerous other businesses that operate as a charity but ship stuff out of College Station.
TellMeMore
I have a sleep number I would be glad to donate.....I guess I am stupid and don't know the charity that has been strongly recommended
techno-ag
AG
Many moons ago we donated one to Still Creek Ranch. Dunno if they need it or not these days, but you might give them a call.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
momlaw
AG
You are not stupid. Family Promise has been flying under the radar helping several families at a time for years. Until recently it was a collaboration between churches of various faith. about 10 of them housed the families on a rotation for a week at a time. Volunteers hosted and provided meals. Now temporary housing is in their own facility which is better for families and volunteers.

Critically there is a program component that requires financial, parenting, job hunting and retention skill learning. Once a family (must have children involved) "graduates" into their own housing they are followed and coached by a social worker so pot holes in the road of life don't blow the tires off.

Over time they have a 80% success rate of families staying on their own feet and attaining success. Some client families are now volunteers and mentors.

Family Promise BCS

If you want direct contact with someone involved please email me per address in my profile or PM.

They need more than mattresses, of course $$, volunteers to host, provide food, coaching, etc.
momlaw
theycallmemrtibbs
legalbird said:

This topic comes up every other day. There is one local charity that truly helps people in this town and they have a few resale shops in College Station and Bryan. There are numerous other businesses that operate as a charity but ship stuff out of College Station.

Well that's super helpful! So glad you're here.
CEAg78
AG
Twin City Mission
gettingitdone
Hospice Mart or Habitat for Humanity ( store)
jac4
AG
theycallmemrtibbs said:

legalbird said:

Well that's super helpful! So glad you're here.

So I assume legalbird is referring to "Family Promise" as the useful local charity? I'm confused and I'm on this forum more than most probably.
txxwildcard
My friend's son is going to A&M and needs a mattress, he would help you take it off your hands if you can't find a charity that wants it.
Maedan86
AG
Wow. Thanks everyone for the responses! I've found a charity that will take it.
Maedan86
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.