They are coming!!! This is not a drill!

7,391 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by CRE-Ag
bushytailed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
People of Bryan/College Station - The students are coming! I repeat, the students are returning!

Campus move-in begins a week from today, but the RAs and the Corps leadership have started moving in. Classes begin on the 27th.

This is the time to make those final trips to Target, HEB, WalMart, and Specs. It's time to stockpile food and alcohol. It's also time to make yourself familiar with the curbside pickup options around town. Do you have enough provisions to last you and your family for the next three weeks?

Enjoy those last leisurely drives down Texas Avenue. You won't get that luxury until after Christmas.

Get in your last meals at the restaurants along University Drive. The hour-long waits are about to return.

We can do this. We can survive. With enough planning this week, we can make it until Labor Day. We just need to hunker down and wait out the storm.

God speed to us all.
Cholula Verde
AG
Great sense of humor. Very healthy! We find the students tend to gravitate to the trendy places like First Watch, Napa Flats, and all the new places along the NSxEW Texas Ave x University corridor. There are some restaurants that serve good food the students don't frequent that often.....Cotton Patch on Boonville, Edge Store, Cilantros in downtown Bryan, the German restaurant in downtown Bryan, Cafe Eccel, Jose's Mexican......probably more I just can't think of them right now. We sometimes play the restaurant memory game at our house where we try to remember all the trendy places we used to eat back in the 70s and 80s but they no longer exist.....old folks humor!
Oogway
Remnants of Na'Awlins- we love their po'boys and have never seen students in line.
The Original AG 76
AG
Damn........ I was hoping you were taking bout thunderstorms!
Captn_Ag05
AG
I thought this was about Whole Foods lol
Average Joe
AG
The Original AG 76 said:

Damn........ I was hoping you were taking bout thunderstorms!

Those are already at my house off of Rock Prarie.
OnlyANobody
I'm betting that Imperial Chinese & Sushi and Cotton Patch are enjoying increases in lunchtime business, just due to the wait times at Hooters. And that's without the students. I wonder what that will be like with them here. I'm guessing that they won't make it much more nuts at lunchtime, but what about evenings and game days?
FlyRod
The number of old people yelling at clouds always seems to increase when the students are returning...
mwm
Come to town. Spend your money. Go home.
techno-ag
AG
On a positive note, for all those businesses that struggled through another summer, good times are here again.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
bushytailed
AG
FlyRod said:

The number of old people yelling at clouds always seems to increase when the students are returning...

Old? I'm not even 40 yet!
Cholula Verde
AG
Funny stuff! When my spouse and I first married we lived in the land of Winter Texans. I remember getting off work and needing to stop by the grocery on my way home. HEB and KMart were the only games in town during those years of living in the RGV unless of course you patronized the local independents. Well, we would always get frustrated because the retired northerners would wait until 4:30-5:00 to go do their shopping. There wouldn't be any parking spaces at the Old style HEB because the retired northerners/Winter Texans would typically take up atleast two parking spaces. It took them forever to make a decision on what they needed even though they had shopping lists, and you really didn't want to be behind the frugal coupon hounds because it was a long process to get them checked out. Finally, when they drove around town they only had two speeds.....haul a** or poke a**! My how the world turns.........
SA-AG72
AG
In reply to FlyingMudball,

Call 'em what they are - Snowbirds!
CharlieBrown17
AG
Oogway said:

Remnants of Na'Awlins- we love their po'boys and have never seen students in line.

Went there four of the five years I was an undergrad
Oogway
Awesome!
trouble
AG
Yeah but you aren't scared of Bryan
The Original AG 76
AG
FlyingMudball said:

Funny stuff! When my spouse and I first married we lived in the land of Winter Texans. I remember getting off work and needing to stop by the grocery on my way home. HEB and KMart were the only games in town during those years of living in the RGV unless of course you patronized the local independents. Well, we would always get frustrated because the retired northerners would wait until 4:30-5:00 to go do their shopping. There wouldn't be any parking spaces at the Old style HEB because the retired northerners/Winter Texans would typically take up atleast two parking spaces. It took them forever to make a decision on what they needed even though they had shopping lists, and you really didn't want to be behind the frugal coupon hounds because it was a long process to get them checked out. Finally, when they drove around town they only had two speeds.....haul a** or poke a**! My how the world turns.........
you REALLY would NOT enjoy living in Florida. The damn NE yankees that they get make the midwest yankees that the RGV gets look downright normal. Horrible experience for a working guy and a southerner.
BlueMiles
AG
I'm going to savor tomorrow. Shop and then hunker down.
halibut sinclair
trouble said:

Guessing they weren't in Bryan then. They were in the CS hood.
trouble
AG
halibut sinclair said:

trouble said:

Pretty sure most of the times he ate there were in Bryan. I kinda know him.
CharlieBrown17
AG
halibut sinclair said:

trouble said:

I, however, have eaten at both locations.

The CS one was actually usually sketchier.

halibut sinclair
CharlieBrown17 said:

halibut sinclair said:

trouble said:

I, however, have eaten at both locations.

The CS one was actually usually sketchier.

That's been my experience with CS in general.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Thanks for the warning, since this has never happened before.
979ag
AG
SEE YALL THIS WEEKEND.... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
redd38
AG
Traffic backed up on 290 from the Hwy 6 exit.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2183693351910899&id=1907704179509819
BlueMiles
AG
There was a wreck between Hempstead and Prairie View earlier, which did not help.
Tigermom84
AG
Shoulda read this post before i decided to go on a quick trip down Holleman and wellborn...
EBrazosAg
AG
Why do students - and nearly everyone else for that matter - stop in the road when they have a fender bender? In dallas and Houston that's a ticket. Should be here. Had 3 stopped in the turn lane on 21 bridge into 6 this am like it was a major accident....
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
techno-ag
AG
EBrazosAg said:

Why do students - and nearly everyone else for that matter - stop in the road when they have a fender bender? In dallas and Houston that's a ticket. Should be here. Had 3 stopped in the turn lane on 21 bridge into 6 this am like it was a major accident....
Wrecks always seem to increase this time of year.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
76Ag
AG
There would be no Bryan-College Station without the Ags.
The Original AG 76
AG
[Bypassing word filters is an automatic suspension. -Staff]
australopithecus robustus
Thanks goodness the students are back! Some of us don't have fixed salaries and depend on the commerce generated from their existence.
hopeandrealchange
76Ag said:

Many times in the past when I have been dealing with our local officials I have reminded them of this fact.
They just don't seem to understand this. More often than not I have seen a negative attitude to all students.
Welcome back Ags.
jac4
AG
76Ag said:

I basically have to remind myself of this weekly. It's a great community, and would be Hearne if not for TAMU.

People defending the students should also remember that the second best thing about living here is being able to complain about students on the Aggieland forum.
91_Aggie
AG
We got to be part of the "problem" today. Moved our oldest into Lechner today. Even went to HEB, Lowe's and Blue Baker
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.