Low carb foods

4,911 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AgFan247
Justin2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Blue bell also makes a low carb Ice cream that is really good.
BMo
Kroger has the halo top and picked some up today.
TexasAggie_02
AG
whataburger will do no bun, as will koppe bridge and just about any other burger place.

go to wings and more and do a side salad with no croutons instead of fries with wings
txgardengirl
Just to add an option - Village Foods carries a good bit of the primal brands of sauces etc. HEB now has the good sugar free bbq sauce. Keto is a hot topic right now. Even Dine In Dude offers a keto version of his weekly meals. We have been on board for a few months, and honestly it's not that hard - other than treats as I haven't committed to 'fat bombs' quite yet!

Good luck!
Kitten With A Whip
txgardengirl said:

Just to add an option - Village Foods carries a good bit of the primal brands of sauces etc. HEB now has the good sugar free bbq sauce. Keto is a hot topic right now. Even Dine In Dude offers a keto version of his weekly meals. We have been on board for a few months, and honestly it's not that hard - other than treats as I haven't committed to 'fat bombs' quite yet!

Good luck!
What exactly is this HEB good sugar free bbq sauce? I would be interested in this if it is good AND low carb!!
ratfacemcdougal
G Hughes Smokehouse. good and there is 3 varieties. Walmart carried it some, but have not seen it lately.
Kitten With A Whip
ratfacemcdougal said:

G Hughes Smokehouse. good and there is 3 varieties. Walmart carried it some, but have not seen it lately.
I'll have to check that out! I've really been missing a good bbq sauce! Thanks for the info!
txgardengirl
that's the one! it has a man's picture on the cream colored label and is with the regular barbecue sauces!
halibut sinclair
TexasAggie_02 said:

go to wings and more and do a side salad with no croutons instead of fries with wings

I'm pretty sure WIngs n More wings are not low carb. BWW, Wingstop or Hooters naked wings are better options.
TexasAggie_02
AG
halibut sinclair said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

I'm pretty sure WIngs n More wings are not low carb. BWW, Wingstop or Hooters naked wings are better options.
wings and more are not breaded. i think you would be fine as long as you choose a sauce that is not sweet. I've lost 45lbs on keto, and I ate at wings and more 2+ times a week for a few months there.
UmustBKidding
There is a Paula Dean No Sugar/Low BBQ carb sauce. Think it was at sams awhile back. Was to sweet for me but not horrible.
bearkitten
Bryan WalMart off Villa Maria carries the sugar free BBQ sauce. It's not the best but also not the worst. The same brand carries sugar free ketchup and it's really good, also carried at that WalMart location. HEB in Bryan doesn't carry any brands of sugar free sauces.
halibut sinclair
They do have a light breading. This topic has been discussed here in the past if you do a search.
AgFan247
AG
Quote:

There is a low carb baking mix called CarbQuick that my wife uses in recipes.
Love me some Carbquik (bought on Amazon) waffles with some sugar free maple syrup. Cannot tell the difference (though we thin the batter much more than the recipe calls for). My wife also makes the fathead pizza dough and we use that for pizza and burgers.

I would love to try the bread, and will now that I know they have it at walmart in the frozen section. And although it feels like cauliflower is in every dinner I eat, Target has a great variety of frozen riced cauliflower with different flavors and mashed cauliflower that we find just easier than doing it ourselves.

Keep at it, I just started in at the end of May and I am already down 30 lbs and my A1C is no longer borderline.

edit- wanted to add flourless almond butter cookies with sugar free chocolate chips and using swerve brown sugar are amazingly tasty and still great to dip in some almond milk
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.