Boyett at Northgate to be closed to vehicles weekend evenings

2,416 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by boredatwork08
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://wtaw.com/2018/08/09/boyett-street-closing-during-peak-weekend-hours-at-northgate/

Thu-Sat, 9 pm to 3 am, no cars allowed on Boyett. Starting Aug. 9.

Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
fourth deck
AG
So they put that traffic light there to help students who were jaywalking. The jaywalkers/smartphone zombies are still a problem so now they have to shut down part of the street. What's next, shutting down all traffic around Northgate and busing people in?
carpe vinum
AG
Good luck getting to that Chevron by car.
techno-ag
AG
carpe vinum said:

After 9 pm they prolly sell more gallons of beer than gas.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
redd38
AG
I like shutting down the road, that intersection has become way too dangerous. I think this new setup for the Uber pickup area sucks though.
The Original AG 76
AG
redd38 said:

I like shutting down the road, that intersection has become way too dangerous. I think this new setup for the Uber pickup area sucks though.
Its OK as long as its not the ONLY Uber area. They have to keep the old one on campus going.
redd38
AG
The Original AG 76 said:

redd38 said:

Its OK as long as its not the ONLY Uber area. They have to keep the old one on campus going.

You mean Lot 31 or whatever on game days? That should still be there. I just mean in general, not particularly game days. Moving Ubers from the "taxi lane" to the parking lot will suck.
techno-ag
AG
How's it working? Anybody been out there at night?

- Joe Biden

- Kamala Harris
australopithecus robustus
It's working well and should be safer. Still slow though so remains to be seen how a game weekend will function.

What's not working and is absolute silly hogwash is the closing of the drive in front of the parking lot. The city already repurposed a ton of parking inventory for uber and cab, which is probably not good either, but to close the drive behind Northgate in front of parking lot is lunacy. They could have done one or the other, but to do both is draconian.
redd38
AG
techno-ag said:

How's it working? Anybody been out there at night?

Closing the road is good, the Uber pickup area in the parking lot is a hot mess.
Agree wholly with red. For the city to take away parking whilst closing the drive thru road behind ngate is senseless
TexasAggie_02
AG
carpe vinum said:

You can enter from Patricia street
Rex Racer
AG
australopithecus robustus said:

Agree wholly with red. For the city to take away parking whilst closing the drive thru road behind ngate is senseless
Church is remaining open. Boyett is not behind Northgate.
Yes I know where boyett is. There is a drive between church and the back of The Backyard that they are needlessly blocking off IN ADDITION TO boyett and the first row of parking.
Rex Racer
AG
australopithecus robustus said:

Yes I know where boyett is. There is a drive between church and the back of The Backyard that they are needlessly blocking off IN ADDITION TO boyett and the first row of parking.
Oh, you mean the driveway around the outside of the parking lot. Yeah, that doesn't make much sense.
Sinuso
AG
1. Open all roads to the purpose for which built.
2. Darwin

It seems the only solution we have around here for traffic snares, problems is to, "Close off twice the usual number of lanes and or parking lots. Nobody will be able to get anywhere and BINGO! Traffic problem solved!!
boredatwork08
AG
I talked to one of the parking attendants Friday night. He said once Carpool starts the first several 'rideahare' spots closest to the Chicken will be reserved for them. On game weekends the whole row will be for active loading/unloading only.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.