Rat Exclusion

2,830 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Counterpoint
Robin Sparkles
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We recently bought a house and unbeknownst to us, it came with a rat problem. Does anyone have any recommendations for someone who can both make them go away AND prevent them from getting back in?
momlaw
AG
Jennifer, owner of Nightingale Pest Solutions, can provide excellent references for rodent remediation AND exclusion results. (979) 820-8600

Facebook page
momlaw
Love Gun
These things are the bomb. Just a little dab of peanut butter on the inside and that'll take care of them. Just pick up the trap and dump em.

Victor Electronic Rat Trap https://www.lowes.com/pd/Victor-Electronic-Rat-Trap/3083207
RJ3
AG
My name is Bo Jenkins and my family owns ABC Home and Commercial Services. I can confidently say we are the most knowledgeable and experienced when it comes to getting rid of rodents and keeping them out of houses. From what we are seeing, rodents are a bigger threat than termites in the Brazos Valley over the last few years and it's only going to get worse.

We're very proud of the rodent work that we do and the warranty that we give on the houses when we are done sealing up the house and trapping everything. We completely stand behind our work and we can get you a free custom estimate for your home. Just shoot me an email bojenkins@goanteater.com and we can get someone out there to take a look and go over options.

StarryAg
Call Swoboda Pest and Termite. They can always get someone out ASAP and it wont cost you an arm and a leg.
RDH80
AG
+1 for ABC...got rid of the rats in the attic and also closed up some areas where they were likely entering. No rats, mice etc in over 10 years
amanda04
AG
I've not have the same experience with Nightingale as mominlaw, so YMMV.
Robin Sparkles
Love Gun - I'm intrigued by those but I want to stop them from coming in at all!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I'll definitely be doing a little comparison shopping!
legalbird
Shove that fiber with steel in your weep holes if you have bricks

It kind of resembles a steel wool SOS pad

remove food and trash from exterior of house

set traps outside and in garage
rcannaday
AG
Nightingale Pest Solutions +1 ... we love Jennifer. Takes care of all of our problems.
FlyRod
ABC took care of my rat issue (black roof rats to be precise), and I continue to use them. very happy with their service.
RMC91
AG
Okenstradingpost
OP how is this going? Any answer or relief yet?
Corporal Punishment
AG
Also would like to know what part of town OP is in.
Robin Sparkles
Had a visit from ABC this weekend. They were very thorough and nice.

We don't have a family living in the house (I don't think and hope not) as we don't hear constantly pattering or chewing or even finding traces of them inside. We've had exclusion service performed once but apparently, there was something missed as we keep finding an occasional rat every 3 months or so.

Live in Bryan about 1 mile from Downtown in an older home. Our neighbor saw the ABC truck outside and asked what it was for, told him, and he said, "oh yeah, we had that problem about a year and a half ago." So I don't know if it's our area or what the reason is they seem to be a problem. We're getting two other bids before we make a decision.
CS78
Robin Sparkles said:

"oh yeah, we had that problem about a year and a half ago." So I don't know if it's our area or what the reason is they seem to be a problem.
Major problem all over the entire town. Not a matter of if but when for most homes. Dog food left on back porches in the largest enabler.
RMC91
AG
Robin Sparkles
Sounds tempting!
FlyRod
Bird seed is another major enabler, sadly. Along with pet food.
bearkitten
I did use Nightingale. She started out strong and left traps in the attic and then never came back even after I repeatedly called her. Based on this I would not recommend her.
Counterpoint
AG
RMC91 said:

Just saw this today

That's amazing! He says you don't have to use water if you don't want to kill them, but couldn't they climb out without water?

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.