Texas 4-H State Horse Show Is Returning To Brazos County

1,690 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cholula Verde
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It has been in Abilene the past 30 years, so it's a pretty big deal to win it away.

The event takes place annually the last week of July and is expected to lead to 2,000 hotel rooms being booked for each of those nights. The contract is for 2019-2023.

http://wtaw.com/2018/08/03/texas-4-h-state-horse-show-is-returning-to-brazos-county/
Bucketrunner
Great! Abilene was wonderful, but their stalls were subpar at best.
halibut sinclair
TheAlarmGuy
win win
Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516 | State Lic B09523
Cholula Verde
AG
[We are not going to let this thread get derailed into an argument about the facility. -Staff]
agfan1030
Gee, wish it had been in B/CS while we were involved 18+ years ago.
Moy
The Brazos County 4H Faith Riders drill team has won many state championships over the past several years at the State horse show in Abilene. I don't recall seeing any publicity in the past.
agfan1030
One positive about Abilene over B/CS..... temp with less humidity. Gonna more than likely be hot as hell with the sticky humidity in Brazos County.
techno-ag
AG
agfan1030 said:

One positive about Abilene over B/CS..... temp with less humidity. Gonna more than likely be hot as hell with the sticky humidity in Brazos County.
At least we are more centrally located than Abilene.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
AggieBaseball06
AG
agfan1030 said:

One positive about B/CS over Abilene.... You're not in Abilene...
Cholula Verde
AG
Ahhh Moy, publicity is such a sensitive topic! Those Faith Riders are a really awesome drill team and have long deserved to be acknowledged by our local media. Great young people! Whoop!
Captn_Ag05
AG
Contact Brazos Valley this Morning. I'm sure they'd be glad to cover it and even invite people in. I can guarantee there isn't a vast conspiracy to keep it off the news.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I see this will be the last week of July in 2019. The Sunmer Games of Texas, which brought 17,000 athletes and families to town this year, will also be July 25-29 in 2019. That will be a lot of people in town at once!
Cholula Verde
AG
Won't that be awesome! Just in time to get the community all prepared for season opener number two of Jimbo on the Jumbo and Aggie football. Whoop!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.