Moving back to CS

2,292 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by RDH80
vander54
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
My family and I are planning on moving to CS so my wife can get her LVN at Blinn.

We will be moving in July and we are trying to research areas to live but we will have a limited budget. We are hoping to find a 3/2 rental for $1300.

Anyone know a decent area for families that we could afford?

EDIT

Forgot to include we won't be moving for a year. We are just trying to see what's out there so we can start planning.
World's worst proofreader
techno-ag
AG
vander54 said:

My family and I are planning on moving to CS so my wife can get her LVN at Blinn.

We are trying to research areas to live but we will have a limited budget. We are hoping to find a 3/2 rental for $1300.

Anyone know a decent area for families that we could afford?
How old are the kids? If you're willing to live in Bryan you can find something in that price range I think. Friends of ours had a nice house right at $1300. It was far north Bryan and zoned for Navarro. They liked the teachers there. Bryan elementary schools are often highly rated, and some are National Blue Ribbon schools. Personally I'd look in the stretch from about Rosemary north to Blinn and the hospital, east to the bypass. *

Best wishes and welcome back.

*ETA that area I think is zoned for Johnson Elementary, one of those National Blue Ribbon schools.
JMac03
AG
I would also post this on the Real estate board - I know several Ags have rentals that aren't full.
vander54
S
I'll cross post.

Our kids will be 8, 11, and 13.
Oogway
^^What the above poster suggests plus what techno advises as well. If you know you want to live in CS, there are homes and townhomes available in your price range in several areas; quite a few over near The Med and there may be some homes in the Rock Prairie area. RP is a very good school with a lot of families so those may be a little pricier. Also check near Graham and/or Eagle Avenue, there are some smaller homes with lower rents over there. Wherever you land, welcome!
Broncos
Avoid living on Graham because Barron exit on highway 6 is dangerous.

If you have a dog, eat at Lupe Tortilla.

FM 60 and 2818 is a fun, cheap amusement ride for your kids.

If your kids like chicken tenders they'll love College Station.

Don't worry about telling everyone. We know you're moving here because SEC.

Surprisingly there aren't a lot of places that sell charcoal barrel-type grills in town so come prepared.

If you like brunch try Stella Southern Cafe (off the Barron exit, be careful). Just go before they close at 2.

We don't get rain thanks to certain people who post here.

Don't donate to goodwill if you're actually trying to help someone in need.

Kindred Pest Control will annoy you at all times of the day with door-to-door soliciting. (They write fake online reviews to trick you.)

Hooters is open. Your kids will enjoy that.

You better be ready to spend tons on parking if you like Hopdoddy, Blaze Pizza, and Mo's.

If you go to a quicker sticker for an oil change be Leary of Andrew. He's mean.

We're getting a Top Golf-like venue.

We have numerous H-E-B's that are all very good.

Jimbo Fisher is in town.

BCStalk
I actually laughed out loud on this one. Great post
Oogway
I did, too! Great post, Broncos!

Edit-'s'
InMyOpinion
vander54 said:

Is there a specific reason she is getting an LVN? I understand everyone has different circumstances but it's my understanding that an LVN is not what it once was.

vander54
S
InMyOpinion said:

vander54 said:

Is there a specific reason she is getting an LVN? I understand everyone has different circumstances but it's my understanding that an LVN is not what it once was.

She was thinking of working for a year or two as a LVN and then possibly going back to get her RN. But we have talked about getting her ADN at Blinn as well.
ChiefHaus
There are only 4 pre-req's for Blinn's ADN program right now. A&P 1, an English, Microbiology and General Psych. That's it. Can be knocked out easily in two semesters if you are starting from scratch. She could be starting on her RN in less than a year.
vander54
S
ChiefHaus said:

There are only 4 pre-req's for Blinn's ADN program right now. A&P 1, an English, Microbiology and General Psych. That's it. Can be knocked out easily in two semesters if you are starting from scratch. She could be starting on her RN in less than a year.

We looked today and she has all but 1 pre-req, Micro. She also has/will have A&P 2 along with her elective required for the ADN program. She was going to UTA to get her BSN but she just started and is still taking pre-req's. She was going to start the BSN program next fall. After researching the ADN program more today she wants to do that.
ChiefHaus
Perfect. Best of luck to ya'll. I start this fall. Hit me up if she has any questions?
vander54
S
My wife may have a few questions for you. Could you email me

vander54.texags@gmail
AgsWin2011
AG
Welcome back to the place where everyone thinks they're popular and more important than you!
RDH80
AG
Do the fully online BSN through UTA. College Station is an approved clinical area. LVN mostly limited to long term care or memory care... some at Scott and Whit
e clinics. ADN is still competitive entry , even if all pre reqs and required general academics are complete, still might not be accepted . Will eventually have to get BSN anyway.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.