Baby Shower "Venue"

1,649 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ag009
ag009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Planning a baby shower and wanting to have it at a restaurant for simplicity sake. Brunch/lunch type deal. Roughly 20ish people. Ideally, love to have a back room or something so people can mingle and talk rather than just sitting at a table. Everyone would order separately. Any suggestions?
NurseC
AG
I've had a baby shower at Ninfa's in their private room, the staff was great and the room was perfect for mingling and also plenty of room to sit and eat etc.

I've also had an event at Abuelos and wasn't nearly as impressed.
australopithecus robustus
Cafe Eccell is perfect for that
Oogway
Cafe Eccell

If you have your heart set on brunch, I'm not certain they will do that, but Martha's Bloomers (Navasota) hosts private parties and that can be a pretty setting.

JohnD`05
The Chicken, best baby shower ever.
clinte234
AG
JohnD`05 said:

I second this!
Jinx
ozona also has a little area like that
gettingitdone
+1 for Cafe Eccel
BQ_90
AG
JohnD`05 said:

Too good of time at the chicken was probable the the reason they needed to have baby shower now
justalocal
I'd call and talk to the manager at cafe eccell if you plan to go that route. I had a get together with 20 people last month. They didn't have a party room or anything, they just set us a table off to the side. They said their enclosed area was for much larger parties. Anything above 20 people is supposed to be 1 ticket and they want you to plan a menu (no ordering separate). The first person I talked to did not tell me this. She booked the reservation, no problem. The day before the event when I called to confirm, the person who answered told me I had to talk to a manager for large parties (don't remember if he said more than 12 or 15). Manager got on the phone and told me all that info about having to have a planned menu. Since it was the day before and no one mentioned that to me, the manager said she'd waived the single ticket and planned menu requirement. Turned out well in the end but just be aware.

InMyOpinion
Christopher's
88agg
AG
Wings n More party room. I used that for a couple of showers.
OBannonsPub
AG
We went to Ronin for brunch this morning and there was actually a baby shower there today. It seemed like a great venue for it. They have really long banquet tables that are perfect for baby shower groups.

ag009
AG
Thanks everyone for the replies. justalocal was correct...Cafe Eccell has a hefty minimum for something like a baby shower. Ozona's was definitely the most affordable of the options given.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.