Aggieland
Sponsored By

Laser Engraver or CNC Router for Wood?

DrAeroAg05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone in BCS have a laser engraver (for wood) or CNC router? I have a project that would greatly benefit from one.

Thanks!
Nathan
Invictibus12
AG
Check out Fastsigns, they've got a CNC router.
Koko Chingo
AG
If you want to do something yourself check out Mentors & Makers. You pay a monthly fee and use the facility.

http://www.mentorsandmakers.com/
Fire_Aggie
AG
What would you like done?
AggieBarstool
I work in a makerspace on campus that can CNC and/or laser cut. What do you need? LMK if you want details.
DrAeroAg05
AG
AggieBarstool said:

I work in a makerspace on campus that can CNC and/or laser cut. What do you need? LMK if you want details.
I am a professor in AERO.. what makerspace are you referring to? Can it do laser engraving?
DrAeroAg05
AG
Fire_Aggie said:

What would you like done?
My Cousin asked me to make some maple/walnut cigar boxes for his groomsmen. I want to laser engrave their names on the lids.
DrAeroAg05
AG
Koko Chingo said:

If you want to do something yourself check out Mentors & Makers. You pay a monthly fee and use the facility.

http://www.mentorsandmakers.com/

Nice! I didn't know this existed.
Fire_Aggie
AG
If still needing it done you can email me at smokinchisel@yahoo dot com
DrAeroAg05
AG
Great! I'll email you shortly.
AggieBarstool
DrAeroAg05 said:

AggieBarstool said:

I am a professor in AERO.. what makerspace are you referring to? Can it do laser engraving?
Email me

aggie
jason
ZERO
FIVE
at
gee mail
d o t
c o m
Koko Chingo
AG
AggieBarstool is a great help. I knew they have 3d printing and did realize they have the other stuff too. If your office is in the Bright Building, AggieBarstool's makerspace is about 250 feet from you.

If your project is business related you can also contact Jim Wilson in the Engineering innovation Center (EIC). With everyone trying to get ready for the opening of the Zachary Building, this may not be the best choice at the moment.

I work in a lab for TEES on the other side of campus.

Hammerheadjim
AG
There are makerspaces and there is the new Zachry makerspace.
We open in a couple of weeks and if your still needing help come by and see us. But be prepared, the boys in Langford run a fine facility. They will take care of you.
Walk softly and carry a big stick! Make sure the big stick makes big boom noises and flashy bright lights.
Fire_Aggie
AG
Reply sent. Thank you!
DrAeroAg05
AG
I sent you an email. Thanks!
Page 1 of 1

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.