Big Shots Golf could be coming to south College Station

6,525 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by yell_on_6th st
jello123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Big-Shots-Golf-could-be-coming-to-south-College-Station-489586711.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_KBTX_Media
BrandoC
AG
JC people. That location is not even close to being South College Station. Do people not know their compass directions. Almost as west as College Station goes.
CS78
Could we go ahead and get that Holleman overpass?
DFWag84
there is no 'could' be.
Captn_Ag05
AG
This is the news so many have been clamoring for. Pretty exciting for BCS!
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

traffic impact analysis report
I don't think anyone pays attention to these
KidDoc
AG
I am very excited for this it looks like great fun. The addition of radar tracking of your shot trajectory is something Top Golf is lacking.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
redd38
AG
BrandoC said:

JC people. That location is not even close to being South College Station. Do people not know their compass directions. Almost as west as College Station goes.

There is no West College Station or East College Station, just College Station and South College Station. That is South College Station.
Captn_Ag05
AG
It isn't that simple anymore. Anything south of Fitch is SoSoCo and the area between 2818 and Rock Prairie is NoSoCo. Unless of course it is east of the bypass and then it is SoCoEoBP.
ratfacemcdougal
techno-ag
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

It isn't that simple anymore. Anything south of Fitch is SoSoCo and the area between 2818 and Rock Prairie is NoSoCo. Unless of course it is east of the bypass and then it is SoCoEoBP.
BigShoGo in SoCo.
halibut sinclair
wareagle044
Good move. They will make a lot of money so long as they can keep it maintained
BrandoC
AG
What? Even if so, that area is way closer to campus than anything in south College Station. Which in your scenario would make it just normal College Station.
Oogway
That area is Midtown. That's what we call it and therefore that is what it is. For example, Jones Crossing is Midtown, Tower Point is SoCo.
Midtown is bustling with development and road infrastructure right now. The golf place will be in Midtown and the golfers can golf in Midtown.
techno-ag
AG
Oogway said:

That area is Midtown. That's what we call it and therefore that is what it is. For example, Jones Crossing is Midtown, Tower Point is SoCo.
Midtown is bustling with development and road infrastructure right now. The golf place will be in Midtown and the golfers can golf in Midtown.
CoStaMiTo
InMyOpinion
Geez people let's get this correct

$oCo
$o$oCo
No$oCo
$oCoEoBp
Co$taMiTo

bobinator
AG
Frankly I don't think my neighborhood has anything in common with those plebs that live east of Rio Grande or South of Ponderosa. I think the fine people that are south of 2818, north of Rock Prairie, East of Wellborn but West of Rio Grande that should be Upper West College Station Mid Town.

UpWeCo$taMiTo
Oogway
You do have something in common with them: y'all live in Midtown.
Scruffy
AG
North Gate is NoGaCoSta
Oogway
You could argue that the neighborhoods over by the Brazos are Watergate, but that might not go over so well.
KidDoc
AG
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Any update on how the zoning meeting went this week? I assume it was a non-issue.
rocketscience
AG
https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Bryan-City-Council-approves-agreement-to-prepare-for-Regional-Park-507433731.html
techno-ag
AG
Yup. Bryan wants to poach the Top Golf knock off. Hope they get it.
kyledr04
AG
I wonder if the city will give them an awesome deal on the land.
phatpat21
That would be awesome and I believe something like that would do really really well here
bcstx06
That would really be the perfect spot for this, right in the middle of all the action. It's right down the street from Northgate and not too far from downtown. Even if the City of Bryan could get it in the Traditions/Lakewalk/Atlas area that would be great as well. Make this happen city of Bryan!
datageek
I thought it would be interesting to dig deeper into the ability of our local economy to support a Top Golf. Here's what I found, hope you find it interesting: https://data.highoctanemix.com/2019/03/21/will-bcs-get-top-golf/
trackaggie76
AG
This looks like Topgolf with another name---what's the difference?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Same model, smaller footprint.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

I thought it would be interesting to dig deeper into the ability of our local economy to support a Top Golf. Here's what I found, hope you find it interesting: https://data.highoctanemix.com/2019/03/21/will-bcs-get-top-golf/
Did you really want to set yourself up for ridicule by posting this on the General Board?
datageek
Nope!, Fixed.
yell_on_6th st
AG
Top golf knock off? That ship has sailed, get ahead of the curve for once.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.