Need reliable and ACCURATE surveyor for Robertson County

5,279 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by birdman
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Properties in Robertson County (two) that I need new surveys thereon. When I say "accurate" I mean locating roads, easements, buildings and other improvements. (And yes, I was charged for a survey with none of those on it.)

Any Ags in the surveying business want to take a trip to Robertson County???
SCHTICK00
AG
Kerr Surveying
aggiehawg
AG
THANK YOU!!!!!!! I was desperate! Major problems with neighbors who want to run power lines and trench on our property!

ETA: They say only Brazos County on their site. They do surveys in Robertson County??
SCHTICK00
AG
Yes they do and they're very good. I'm in the business, but I only do construction. If that doesn't work out, pm me and I'll get you other recommendations.
aggiehawg
AG
Okay. Thank you.
Csruffneck
Joe wilson is a surveyor out of Franklin and been around a long time
Zaiquiri
AG
+1 on Joe Wilson. He has done work for my family just south of Franklin.

I believe Kling/CEC does the most detailed and accurate work. ATM is also solid. I'd put Kerr pretty close to the bottom of the list.
ratfacemcdougal
+1 for Kling or Adam at ATM
techno-ag
AG
Payne Land Surveying did a good job for us on rural property. They're in Caldwell but no problem with neighboring counties.
https://www.payne-llc.com
halibut sinclair
TexAg1987
aggiehawg said:

Properties in Robertson County (two) that I need new surveys thereon. When I say "accurate" I mean locating roads, easements, buildings and other improvements. (And yes, I was charged for a survey with none of those on it.)

Any Ags in the surveying business want to take a trip to Robertson County???
There are different kinds of surveys for different purposes.

You probably had a boundry survey which is cheaper than a location survey.

If you are still on good terms with the original surveyor, you may be able to update that survey with the location of the items you are wanting for cheaper than having it all redone.

https://federaltitle.com/blog/understanding-4-types-of-property-surveys

aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

If you are still on good terms with the original surveyor, you may be able to update that survey with the location of the items you are wanting for cheaper than having it all redone.
When I requested that he do that he threatened to sue me. When I hired him I was quite specific as to the terms of engagement. And he knew I owned a title company and was more than familiar with different types of surveys.

It has been years since that engagement. However, I had reason to see a much more recent survey done by the same company and it had the exact same problem. And for that landowner it caused huge problems because a part of a house was likely over the boundary but you would never know that from the blank survey.

But thanks to all for the suggestions. As always, the Aggie network comes through.
W
AG
sometimes it is better to hire a non-local surveyor...in case the local guys are buddies with the adjacent landowner(s)
La Fours
AG
Strong?
ReelAg6
My worst experience with a surveyor was with ATM. McClure is who I would recommend.
histag10
AG
Did someone really come on here, bump a 3 year old thread, and **** talk a bunch of well respected local surveyors just to promote his own business?

Wow....
ElephantRider
AG
Kerr won't be the cheapest, but they do the best work. You get what you pay for when dealing with surveyors.
ReelAg6
histag10 said:

Did someone really come on here, bump a 3 year old thread, and **** talk a bunch of well respected local surveyors just to promote his own business?

Wow....
not surprised… Andddd it's gone.
Tailgate88
AG
Have dealt with Kerr for decades. They do good work. In my experience, the survey is not something to skimp on.

Regarding the thread bump, use the voting function.
CS78
ReelAg6 said:

My worst experience with a surveyor was with ATM.

Reminds me of the elevation certificate that I got back for my house on a foundation that was actually pier/beam six feet off the ground.

Or the nasty attitude I got when I wanted to be on site to see where the property line actually was.

Used Kerr ever since and happy to do so.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Kerr is the way to go.

Years after you get your survey you can walk into that place and ask em a million questions about it and they will sit down with you and patiently explain whatever you need explained.

We've done 100+ surveys with them over the years.
birdman
Billy Weiser out of Giddings is one of the finest surveyors in Texas.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.