Any recommendations for a good rheumatologist?

1,603 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by CEAg78
Txmoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seeking a recommendation for a good rheumatologist for my wife in the area. I don't mind driving to northwest Houston but would rather not go to the medical district. Thanks!
Lovebird
Dr. Nancy A. Scheinost has been great for my husband.
CEAg78
AG
I use Dr Pocurull and my sister sees Dr Singh (same office). I have been dealing with RA for 35 years.

I like them both but some people have personality clashes with each.

After seeing her for 10 years, I cannot recommend Dr Scheinost.
Lovebird
CEAG not to derail the thread, but what did you not like about Dr. Scheinost? Seems most people either love her hate her. Just curious. Thanks!
NurseC
AG
I have AS and several other autoimmune disorders and have seen rheums at every clinic in town.

I have been most impressed with Dr Rossman at BSW and Dr Randy Johnson in The Woodlands.

Poccurul's office will perform unnecessary testing (ultrasounds at every appt?? How is this clinically relevant to my disease state...?? And push steroids BIG time). Their billing office be the MD I saw were not happy with my asking specific questions regarding my plan of care and billing.

I've seen Dr Scheinost, she is a lovely lady. But had many appts cancelled and rescheduled for multiple reasons, and I met severe resistance when I requested my records, and ultimately had to give up on them.

Rossman took his time with me, asked lots of questions, took time to review my chart, performed an extensive physical exam and answered many of the questions I was left with after seeing two other Rheums.

Dr Johnson is who I saw for the year I lived in The Woodlands. Very kind, very similar to Dr Rossman, but Dr Johnson's staff seemed way more on top of refills and prior auths and getting back with me for this or that. Dr Johnson has teenage twin daughters with autoimmune disorders and is very passionate about his work.
BCSMom
I second Dr Rossman. He's super attentive and will sit down and actually listen. I too have AS on top of other auto immune disorders

CEAg78
AG
Lovebird said:

CEAG not to derail the thread, but what did you not like about Dr. Scheinost? Seems most people either love her hate her. Just curious. Thanks!
It has been quite a while since I have seen her. She seemed like she had gotten kind of ditzy, didn't seem to have even considered my treatment until I was there, when I had been seeing her for quite awhile.

She was not aggressive enough for me.
CEAg78
AG
NurseC said:

Poccurul's office will perform unnecessary testing (ultrasounds at every appt?? How is this clinically relevant to my disease state...?? And push steroids BIG time). Their billing office be the MD I saw were not happy with my asking specific questions regarding my plan of care and billing.
I have seem Dr. Pocurull practically since he opened. I have not had this experience at all. (I have RA.) He has been attentive and has done considerable research to find options for treatment.

BUT, he is definitely a strong personality and not everyone wants to deal with that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.