Daily/Monthly data usage

1,550 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by nwspmp
InMyOpinion
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For those that have cut cable and only stream what are you averaging for data use daily/monthly.

Just curious - I was using on average 500-600 GB, now it looks like I'll be around 1500 GB
theycallmemrtibbs
How many devices are you running how many hours a day and what sort of content are you accessing to use that much data?
bobinator
AG
We run in the 400-600 range usually. Highest was in March at 700, I assume because during the NCAA Tournament I had like four screens running all day.

But it's just my wife and I and we mostly watch the same thing so we usually only have one screen running.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I usually use about 500GB a month, but I use more during football season and March Madness
InMyOpinion
theycallmemrtibbs said:

How many devices are you running how many hours a day and what sort of content are you accessing to use that much data?

5 TV's - 4 Laptops - 2 Tablets - 5 smartphones

We do have a retired family member that watches TV most of the day.

Prior to cutting cable we would stream Netflix and Amazon. Now that we cut cable everything we watch will be streamed. We have unlimited data so I really never looked at what we used so just curious.
BrazosWifi
I estimate that 20-30% of our subscribers are cord-cutters. The graph below shows the percentage breakdown of usage.

I'm sure that rural users use less GB than folks in town due to their lifestyles but it might help to know over a broad user base what people use.

Edit: Interestingly enough, 1.76% of our users move over a TB a month. Our average is 182.9GB a month.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
BrazosWifi
Dreaded double post.
saltydog13
AG
Any plans to move service out towards snook?
EBrazosAg
AG
BrazosWifi said:

I estimate that 20-30% of our subscribers are cord-cutters. The graph below shows the percentage breakdown of usage.

I'm sure that rural users use less GB than folks in town due to their lifestyles but it might help to know over a broad user base what people use.

Edit: Interestingly enough, 1.76% of our users move over a TB a month. Our average is 182.9GB a month.
Great post and data!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BigBubba
AG
I switched to streaming service instead of Dish a little over a year ago. Here is my usage each month since then.

The first two months on this chart were during the summer with multiple kids at the house all day plus a sitter.

nwspmp
Here's mine. We've been exclusive OTT streaming services for over a year now.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.