Streaming services

1,169 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by InMyOpinion
jrhmc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's that time of year when I either get a better deal from DirecTV or switch to streaming for a few months until they cave. Last summer many of the streaming services had either no DVR capabilities or very limited capabilities. For those who have YouTube, Hulu Live, or DirecTVNOW, can you pause and rewind a live show? And does it allow you to pause one show to flip to another and then come back to where you were? Frankly these features are only really necessary at my house during football season but we might just stay with the streaming all year if they work as well as our current service now.
zooguy96
Post this on the Nerdery. You'll get better responses.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
InMyOpinion
jrhmc said:

It's that time of year when I either get a better deal from DirecTV or switch to streaming for a few months until they cave. Last summer many of the streaming services had either no DVR capabilities or very limited capabilities. For those who have YouTube, Hulu Live, or DirecTVNOW, can you pause and rewind a live show? And does it allow you to pause one show to flip to another and then come back to where you were? Frankly these features are only really necessary at my house during football season but we might just stay with the streaming all year if they work as well as our current service now.

I can only speak for Directv Now an HuluTV as my trial to YouTube Tv has expired but short answer is yes you can pause and rewind live TV and you can pause one show and flip to another and come back to where you were.

Never had regular directv so not sure how it compares but I will say it's definitely different than how I would do it with Suddenlink and TiVo box.

Using both for over a week now I am gravitating toward Hulu TV. Directv has more channels and just added live CBS, Fox and NBC but I just seem to prefer the interface with Hulu.

I plan on keeping both for the next 3 months and making a decision if I keep one or the other or both - either way I save significantly over Suddenlink.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.