HughesNet PSA

1,859 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
MADDUD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Do not ever....ever, ever, ever use HughesNet for your out of the city/living in the country internet provider!

It does not work, want 400 dollars to cancel once you find out it doesn't work, and their customer service sucks big time!

Thanks for letting me vent

BrazosWifi
I'm sorry you had to learn this.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
JP76
Location ?

Try brazos wifi or Rise broadband
Jim is a straight shooter and will tell you upfront if he can get to you or even provide alternative providers if he can't.

In rural it is best to see what neighbors are using and their experience before jumping aboard with a provider
Muzzleblast
Can you put some detail to "doesn't work"?

Can't get Brazos WiFi or Rise here in N Grimes county.

I've got Dish satellite now. It's old and very slow.

Hughes may be the only option without building a very expensive tower.
BMo
Muzzleblast said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Dish was powered by Hughesnet and rebranded with the Dish label. If Brazos Wifi is unavailable and your only option is satellite I can recommend Exede/WildBlue. Not sure the Wildblue is still part of the name. I had good speeds and fairly reliable service from them. The downside is price and data cap.
ChampsAg
Satellite internet sucks period.

Have friends that have bought hotspots from their cellular carrier and had more luck
TheAlarmGuy
BMo said:

Muzzleblast said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Dish was powered by Hughesnet and rebranded with the Dish label. If Brazos Wifi is unavailable and your only option is satellite I can recommend Exede/WildBlue. Not sure the Wildblue is still part of the name. I had good speeds and fairly reliable service from them. The downside is price and data cap.
Exede/WildBlue is still Hughesnet.
Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516 | State Lic B09523
Muzzleblast
It's all Hughes. My current stuff is 5 years old and I need to do something.

I've beat this to death and can't get anything but Hughes.

Dish isn't even taking new customers for internet. They are moving everyone to Hughes. I've talked with them twice.

I was trying to wait out Brazos WiFi acquiring the Cross tower but that seems to have died. Jim said the negotiations were not going well.
UmustBKidding
Ya not so much. Viasat/exceed/wildblue shares no infrastructure with HughesNet. Actually Viasat tried to get Hughes to partner with them on their ViaSat1 design, at the time considered revolutionary supporting 140Gbps. But Hughes said no and they partnered with Telesat Canada and Loral built it and it was launched from on a proton rocket in october 2011. Viasat 2 was built by Boeing and is recently operational on orbit . So while it still has limitations being a Satellite based services their faults are their own or driven by the laws of physics. The only hughes involvement may be as a Boeing subcontractor of a defective antenna on Viasat2 limiting their throughput to 98% of the 300Gbps max in certain spot beams.
Now if we could get get congress to upgrade the speed of light, it would solve so many problems.

Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.