Aggieland
Sponsored By

Suddenlink rise in price

sunflower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
P
Just received Suddenlink bill, went up $17 per month. Anybody else? Impossible to get them on phone, all automated. Help!
techno-ag
L
AG
Use Suddenlink for internet, but satellite or an over the air antenna for TV.
halibut sinclair
RG20
A
**** Suddenlink! We just use hotspot on our phones for internet.
JAS61
H
AG
Cut the cable.
Average Joe
H
AG
Mine went up $14/month. I have the grandfathered 200/20 with unlimited and paying almost double what a new customer with the 400/40 package does. I called and got it dropped down $30, but that's still $20 more than new costumers with twice the speed.
BrandoC
H
AG
Suddenlink is trash. I have it but should be a crime no other other companies should be allowed in town.
MisterShipWreck
L
Average Joe said:

Mine went up $14/month. I have the grandfathered 200/20 with unlimited and paying almost double what a new customer with the 400/40 package does. I called and got it dropped down $30, but that's still $20 more than new costumers with twice the speed.
Can you cancel and get it back 1 month later, at the lower price?
Heismenberg
H
AG
We recently just cut the cord but are keeping the internet for streaming services. For just the 200mb speed and unlimited data, we are paying a little over $90 a month with all taxes and fees. I think it's a little ridiculous but we were paying $180 a month for cable and internet. Going with YouTube TV for $40 a month and still get all the locals and sports programming to catch all the games. Will save $50 a month but our one year deal was about to go up another $40-50 so we will be saving roughly $100 a month.

Wish we had Uverse internet or Google fiber offered here. You can get Verizon but it's way slower and more expensive. Too bad they don't offer Fios high speed.
JP76
H
You have to wait 31 days to qualify for new subscriber rate
AggiePirate
A
AG
It happened for internet plans too. They dont care if you cancel.
Dark Helmet
R
Suddenlink is the devil made flesh and if I posted what I wished would happen to everyone working for them, especially their phone support department, the police would come give me a visit.

Lucky I'm moving and fiber is coming to the new neighborhood soon after I move in. It costs the same as I'm paying Suddenlink now and their sales department has treated me like I'm a fellow human being (by that I mean they called me back. Suddenlink has said at least a half dozen times that they will call me back later in the afternoon or on Saturday but never have). I can't get any slower speeds than I'm getting now without going back to dialup, so if I move from the 5mb/s I get now to....anything higher than that....I'm cool with it. I pay for high speed internet and don't get it. I'm debating calling a lawyer and just telling them they can keep whatever they can get from Suddenlink plus what I pay them. That's how much I want to inflict any amount of pain or annoyance on the horrible people with Suddenlink.

Three months trying to get them to fix it and nothing. Funny thing is that they know what the issue is, but just refuse to come fix it. I've called every weekday for two months and I can't get anywhere. They have a monopoly in College Station and just don't give a damn.

If anyone knows of websites or places that I can give more details about working with Suddenlink and how they are basically evil, let me know! All the Suddenlink "hate" (truth) sites seem defunct. I think Suddenlink even bought some of them, like Wal-Mart did.
AgFan131
A
Why is there a monopoly?
Slocum on a mobile
H
AG
The cities have given them a monopoly....
BrandoC
H
AG
So what it the whole deal? Is Suddenlink somehow contracted out for life in Brazos County? Will there ever be a chance where other companies could come in? I don't understand the whole ordeal or have I ever heard of anything like one company being able to provide the only business in an area.
JP76
H
If your willing to pay to put all the infrastructure in place I'm sure BCS would love to have you step up. My memory is vague but I do remember in the 80's there were 2 or 3 cable companies operating then McCaw ? And one I think Don Adam operated ? I think TCA bought the other ones out in the late 80's ? Then Cox bought TCA out. Then Suddenlink bought Cox out. Then Altice bought Suddenlink out. Maybe some of the old timers can remember the details better than me.
Stucco
A
As I remember it, the City Council renews a franchise agreement giving Suddenlink exclusivity to the Coaxial network in town every 10 years. I'm not sure what the city gets out of it. I believe the last time was a few years ago, maybe 2015.

Googling seems to indicate this is not controlled by the city. Maybe someone else knows how it actually works.
I'm curious to know what happened to WireStar and their city agreement for FTTP.

momtaxi
V
The city doesn't own the lines that suddenlink uses. They only own the poles and lease them out to suddenlink to put their lines on.
histag10
L
AG
I've been on hold for over 15 minutes waiting to speak to a supervisor. I keep getting a service error, and the solution is to charge me $60 to have someone come out to see what is wrong, and then potentially charge me more. She also says it's their policy to check in on hold every 30 seconds. Do they know how annoying that is? She also keeps calling me Kathy (that's not my name, nor the name of any person on our account)

Of course, this happens roughly every 3 months, and is always something on their end. Basically, I can't watch anything on demand, which is fun when you pay for premium movie channels, and it cuts your movie off in the middle of it.
Page 1 of 1

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.