Murder in College Station

10,540 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by shiftyandquick
rockelle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/College-Station-shooting-upgraded-to-a-homicide-investigation-487036781.html
Story states multiple shots. 19 year old Kolten Howell local young man.
aggies_2001
AG
A little more info has been released:

http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/One-suspect-arrested-in-College-Station-homicide-487117451.html

CS78
Were these students or more low income types that had moved in to old student housing? Southwood Valley seems to have this type of thing happen more often than it should.
MTTANK
AG
Students. Good kid of a local family that are good people, to my understanding. Sad deal.
Prune Tracy
[WE DO NOT ALLOW UNSUBSTANTIATED RUMORS OR SPECULATION THIS BOARD. Was that clear enough? -Staff]
AgDotCom
Quote:

Police say an initial investigation has led them to believe the shooting was not a random incident
Not sure I can fully grasp this statement.

At least they caught someone associated with the incident, hopefully the dominoes will begin to fall and justice will be served.

I was out of town when this happened and I'm saddened to see it. The victim's family has lived in the community at least 25-30 years and is fairly well known around town.
AgGunNut
AG
Trust that the statement is correct. This case is very much still under investigation. Only so much can be released so as to not taint the investigation. In a perfect world, names/mugshots wouldn't be released until all were in custody, but probable cause statements are public record, and local media tend to do as they please.
Rapier108
Quote:

COLLEGE STATION, Tex. (KBTX) - College Station Police say the men involved in a deadly robbery from last weekend were trying to steal "a felony amount of drugs" from the home.
http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Police-say-robbery-suspects-were-trying-to-steal-drugs.html
Belton Ag
AG
Did the victim live in the home, or was he just visiting?
saltydog13
AG
Pretty sure that he lived there
aggies_2001
AG
Guess it wasn't speculation after all.
cz308
Rapier108 said:

Quote:

COLLEGE STATION, Tex. (KBTX) - College Station Police say the men involved in a deadly robbery from last weekend were trying to steal "a felony amount of drugs" from the home.
http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Police-say-robbery-suspects-were-trying-to-steal-drugs.html

Guess it's not a rumor now anymore lol. For real though, why else would you rob someone in the middle of the day in that area for? Random robbery? Please....
Prune Tracy
aggies_2001 said:

This wasn't a couple of meth heads breaking into someone's shed. Getaway driver? Weapons? It was either drugs or cash and, considering this was a kid and not a convenience store or nail salon owner, large amounts of cash can be ruled out.
saltydog13
AG
Gangster Octopus said:

aggies_2001 said:

This wasn't a couple of meth heads breaking into someone's shed. Getaway driver? Weapons? It was either drugs or cash and, considering this was a kid and not a convenience store or nail salon owner, large amounts of cash can be ruled out.

If there's "felony amount of drugs", you can be sure there's a good amount of cash to go along with it
cz308
It doesn't take much to catch a felony charge does it? Seems over stated to me.
Cancelled
AG
I guess state run media is just deleting posts now. They can delete all they want but it was still read.

[We are sorry that you don't understand that we aren't going to let a thread get derailed into a discussion about moderation. That is why your previous post was removed. -Staff]
Rapier108

Prune Tracy
By the way, since my original post was deleted, I'll repeat this:

[By the way, your original post was edited because you posted assumptions and unsubstantiated rumors about the case and we do not allow that on this particular forum. We have made it clear that we will not allow that on here since this forum went online. -Staff]

Don't do/sell drugs, kids.

These types of things rarely happen to good people. Talk to your kids about the dangers of drugs and don't bury your head in the sand, even if you're a "good family".
aggiegal99
Why if you assume they buried their head in the sand? Why don't you believe they did everything possible to try to save their kid?
cz308
Perhaps the family didn't know. It's not that hard to believe.
ratfacemcdougal
My oldest brother smoked and sold mary jane in college.....no one in the family knew until he confessed years later. Never got caught. Anybody that knows my family would describe us as a Good Family. A few years back, the daughter of a DEA agent was caught dealing drugs. Once your kid is out of site, you have no idea what he/she is doing. Raise them the best you can, teach them right from wrong.....and hope for the best.
Kitten With A Whip
aggiegal99 said:

Why if you assume they buried their head in the sand? Why don't you believe they did everything possible to try to save their kid?
I don't believe he is making assumptions or speaking to the family of this particular victim, but to everyone in general. Most parents don't know EVERYTHING their child does and some can and do miss or ignore signs of a problem.
Prune Tracy
Yep. Speaking in general.
DimeBox17
AG
It's alarming how many parents of so called "good kids" have no idea what their children are illegally involved with. Coming from a recent grad, the amount of kids buying drugs with their parents money is crazy.
shiftyandquick
I happened upon his grave recently. I never met him. But his father has been a friend to my family. RIP.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.