Need Reception Venue

2,625 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by studioone
MisUnderstood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm looking for a dirt cheap place to rent for a wedding reception. In the Bryan/CS area.

Thanks.
mtec
Approximately how many people do you need to host?

Bryan Ballroom on Palasota/Groesbeck is not the most attractive location on the outside but it is a fairly large venue with nice restrooms, a stage and a small kitchen area good for serving food. Lots of room for tables and a dance floor. It is reasonably priced.

I have been working with "The Barn of College Station" (I've also seen it referred to as The Barn BCS on Riverside) for an upcoming event. It is located near Hwy 47/Hwy 21. I believe their price is going up at some point in the future but based on the day of your event, it runs about $1000-$1300, I want to say. They have tables and chairs onsite, an outdoor stage and a gorgeous pergola. It's beautiful as well. They have an Instragram page. A family member is actually getting married there this Fall and working with them has been pretty smooth recently.

Good luck! Looking for a wedding venue was an insane endeavor. I found many places quoting $5k-$7k for Saturday weddings.
JP76
VFW hall on 2818
techno-ag
AG
Edge Community Center.

Youngblood Center in Wheelock.

Both are drives, but you said you wanted cheap.
JeepWaveEarl
AG
City of Navasota - Navasota Center -- they have a huge room
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...grateful for grace.....
Otto Braun 6/6/12-12/26/13
--cure pediatric cancer--
BrazosWifi
Kurten Community Center is a decent venue.
OBannonsPub
AG
BWD in downtown Bryan. We've hosted several rehearsal dinners and wedding receptions. Prices are very reasonable (generally between $500-$1,000)

aggiegal99
I went to a wedding recently that was at Washington on the Brazos state park between Navasota and Brenham. I think it was fairly inexpensive, and it was a neat place.
Tailgate88
AG
Wellborn Community Center
studioone
Avalon... not as cheap but we give it to you for a whole week for $3000... and its a HECK of a lot prettier than a community center..

btw... when is this blessed event?

www.avalonweddingsbcs.com

sundays are cheaper ...
AgsWin2011
AG
Don't know if it's cheap or not but when we got the married we had our reception at Downtown 202 in Bryan. It was very nice, but I'm pretty sure my wife did all the decorating and we had to rent the tables and chairs from Party Time.
jac4
AG
No idea how much it costs, but you could try Rancho de Colores.

http://ranchodecolorestx.com
InMyOpinion
What do you consider cheap?
australopithecus robustus
Yes, what do you consider to be cheap? Are you willing to pay for anything? Do you want alcohol/food?
justalocal
My advice is to rent a place on an off-peak day, meaning not Thursday, Friday, or Saturday.

I had a reception at the Marriott over at Rock Prairie and the bypass 10 years ago. It cost me $200 for the big ball room and a small conference room. And they provided table decorations and linens. But it was a Sunday evening.

My sister got married at the Hilton. Saturday night $5000 plus minimum catering charge (I don't remember what my mom told me the catering minimum was).
AC Hopper
S
A College Station city park Pavilion, e.g. Central Park Pavilion -- College Station Parks & Recreation Dept.
Cheap -- $100 to $400 plus deposit. Check 'em out at:
http://cstx.gov/index.aspx?page=657
MisUnderstood
Thank you so much mtec.
MisUnderstood
What is BWD?
MisUnderstood
Is that Blackwater Draw Brewery?
studioone
you never told us when it is... if its 90 days out or less sometimes we make deals....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.