Mulch?

1,830 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ccrouch001
amanda04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone ever used the bulk mulch (filling the back of a truck bed) from anyone here in town? What quality was it and do you recommend it over bagged mulch? I need about 20-25 cu. ft this weekend and am not sure if bagged or bulk is the way to go.
Psychag
AG
All American Stone and Turf has good selection at fair prices.
TellMeMore
DO NOT use . You pay twice as much. All American is great to deal with. Other are good also. But you pay way to much by the bag. If you need to fill a truck bed (2 cubic feet) go with the loose stuff
The Original AG 76
AG
I only use bulk mulch. Bed load is about 1 yard and sells for around $30. Get mine from the place in Wellborn.
drred4
I go to All American as well. I get the shredded Cedar. If you need to cover a bunch of beds or area it is cheaper this way.
amanda04
AG
Thanks for the replies!

OriginalAg - What is the place in Wellborn?
DrRed - Why cedar? Any benefits versus their other options?
happyinBCS
Saw a sign at the twin oaks landfill they have mulch
drred4
Said to be a natural insect repellant and it smells good to me when it is wet. I like the Cedars more natural look as well.

What insects does it repel, I have no idea I live out in the country and I have insects no matter what. Do I have insects in my flower bed. Believe or not I really don't but I also have Chickens as well.
UmustBKidding
Cheapest is $8 ton at the BVSWMA compost facility off sandy point. Unfortunately they will gladly overload your truck out there and that bed load will likely be way over your truck weight capacity. Also remember right now it will all be wet and weigh double of it when its dry.
BMo
All American Stone and Turf will deliver.
keo1
AG
a yard of mulch is 14 1/2 bags of mulch at about 35.00 versus 30. If you don't need more than this it is an advantage to get bagged mulch. Easier to transport, clean up, and put in areas you need it. Plus if you have left over it is bagged and can be stored.
amanda04
AG
The only BVSWMA location I've found online is out Hwy 30 towards Anderson. Is there a secret one on Sandy Point?
ccrouch001
AG
http://twinoakslandfill.com/compost_facility.asp

The guys out there are great. I get all my mulch and compost from them.
ccrouch001
AG
What do they charge for a load of mulch delivered?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.