Private Swim Lessons

4,680 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by double b
AggieKatie2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have a recommendation for private swim lessons? We've done them through the rec but didnt really learn much. Looking for someone that can come to us or us to them.

Daughter is 4 1/2

Thanks in advance! Sorry if there is an existing thread.
Justified
We use Glen at tru fit on villa maria.
Oogway
You may find it beneficial to post the age of your swimmer and what level they progressed to in the rec program (i.e. in CS, there are beginner levels for younger students <5 or levels 1-6 for older students IIRC). Our children learned through the CS program through level 6 and we found that they progressed fastest when we spent some time at the pool every week practicing. Some instructors were definitely more adept with certain age groups. Some of the instructors also taught privately, but that was a long time ago and I don't know if the parks dept still lets them do that. It definitely helped when there was a particular skill that one of my kiddos couldn't quite get the hang of.

A lot of parents use the coach at TruFit, and I will try and ask for a few names from my friends whose children are still swimming/learning.
gigemags03
AG
I will also give a recommendation for Glen or Reed Williams (father and son) at Tru Fit on Villa Maria. They have taught both of my daughters and are fantastic.
TXCityGirl
A family also teaches lessons, Mrs. Rebecca Weaver Sellers.
double b
AG
For those lessons at Tru Fit, do you have to be a member to use them?
Justified
No
DellPruiett585
TXCityGirl said:

A family also teaches lessons, Mrs. Rebecca Weaver Sellers.
Do you know how much these lessons are and where they are held?
double b
AG
gigemags03 said:

I will also give a recommendation for Glen or Reed Williams (father and son) at Tru Fit on Villa Maria. They have taught both of my daughters and are fantastic.

Any contact info for these folks? Called the Villa Maria location and we told there was no one by that name.
BCSLocal01
I know Glenn does not have openings until August. We tried through Rebecca but she cancelled due to rain and has not rescheduled with us. I am currently looking for another instructor for my child.
TXCityGirl
She has a Facebook page called Rebecca's Swim Academy and a signup sheet here
https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0c45aeac2fa7f58-swim3
timstreet
AG
I've got a 4 year old that needs lessons, is he old enough? I looked at semi-private lessons with someone else that charges $180 for 2 weeks. How much does Rebecca charge?
mtec
Interested as well! There is a true need for private swim instructors in this area. Their schedule fills up quick and some require that you have your own pool, in my experience.

I am a member of Tru Fit on Villa Maria and I have heard conflicting information regarding kids being allowed in the pool. When I signed up and it was more under the "Aerofit" style management, they informed me kids could swim with a guest pass on weekends. I've seen reviews online and show people have encountered difficulty bringing their kids in to swim now. Any one have any current experience with this and the swim lessons with Glenn? Based on Tru Fit's management style, I find it hard to believe they would condone a non-employee member offerings swim lessons at their location.

double b
AG
I'm still looking. Been in contact with some folks from TruFit but still don't any info pertaining to pricing despite asking for it twice. Also, the response is slow and somewhat unorganized.

Searching for someone who can host private/semi-private swim lessons in the evening hours or Saturday mornings.
AggiePhil
AG
We just started lessons at the TruFit on Longmire. A bit disorganized but so far tolerable.
double b
AG
AggiePhil said:

We just started lessons at the TruFit on Longmire. A bit disorganized but so far tolerable.

Group or private? What are your rates?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.