Is there a bar opening early for World Cup games?

1,570 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by RI1117
Brian Alg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am wondering if there is a sports bar or anything that will be open for the 8am games (particularly Argentina/Iceland on Saturday). So far the only thing I have found is the Corner opening for the 10am games.
rhoswen
AG
O'Bannons has in the past, iirc.
KidDoc
AG
Mo^S said they are open at 10 am for it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Brian Alg
I checked with O'Bannon's. They indicated they won't be opening until mid afternoon.

Mo's management confirmed to me yesterday that they will be opening on 11am on Saturday. Maybe they changed their tune, but as of around 6pm yesterday the plan was to not open early.

***Edit: I goofed. The late-morning game on Saturday starts 11am, not 10am. Mo's will be open in time for that one. My mistake. Mo's is up there with Fox and Corner as far as places to watch the game. It looks like it will open for the 10am games when that's the starting time (which is every day except this Saturday).***

I got a good suggestion yesterday when I was checking around of Torchy's. They open at 8am on weekends and 7am on weekdays. That will be good enough to catch the beginning of almost all of the games (only exceptions are the 5am on Saturday and the first hour of the 7am on Sunday).

It seems that Corner and the Fox and Hound are going to be open in time for any of the 10am games.

I am still open to any other suggestions, but for now it looks like the options are limited to Torchy's for the early games and then Fox and the Corner become additional options for the 10am games.
bobinator
AG
Are you trying to find a place you can booze and watch early in the morning or just watch? Fuzzy's Tacos also serves breakfast and has TVs, it opens at 7 every day.

The Corner could be pretty wild for Germany/Mexico on Sunday.
Brian Alg
Normally, looking for a bar that opens at 7am is a sign of a serious problem. But for a few weeks every 4 years I switch to tournament time zones. So ideally I would like to have an option to drink. But spending a game consuming tacos instead of beer is not a big sacrifice.

It looks like Fuzzy's opens at 7am everyday so that makes it a good option as well. I remember them having a bar, but I have never seen it used (I've only been there for breakfast).

Thanks for the suggestion.
Oogway
Brian Alg said:

Normally, looking for a bar that opens at 7am is a sign of a serious problem. So is drinking alone; Argentina and Iceland? Really?

FIFY.

I kid, I kid. Fuzzy's is good. Also, just about anyplace I've been to with a tv will change the channel if you ask politely. (Aggie sports excepted of course)

UmustBKidding
I have seen people drinking very early at taco cabana and they have a TV, serve their whole menu 24hr. You can also install one of the universal remote control app's on your android phone and change tv channels yourself if you receive no cooperation from the staff doing it.
bobinator
AG
I'd be pretty surprised if anyone in town changes their hours for the World Cup except for maybe the Mexico games (which both of their first two games are on the weekend at 10 AM anyway) since there isn't nearly as much hype without the U.S. in it.

Kinda sucks, but is what it is.

Casa Rod is another option on the weekend, they open at 8 on the weekends and there's a big TV above the bar.
JMac03
AG
I was gonna suggest Fuzzy's. I've seen people drinking there that early in the morning, usually it looks like nurses/doctors who worked the overnight shift (at least I hope so and not before going in )
Broncos
I saw an ad that Mo's is opening early
QuitTrippin
Fuzzy's and morning soccer seems like a perfect match to me
Jetty
AG
Got an email from Mos saying they are opening at 10am Thursday.
RI1117
WOB is opening early on Sunday for the Germany vs Mexico game
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.