BearX

10,472 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Papa Bear
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SIAP, but I did a search for "cove" and "bearX" and didn't find anything new since last summer...

Anyone been to this place? What's the vibe if you're group is olds (we're in our 30's, upper 20's)? Looking for something chill to do for my wife's birthday this weekend and thought I'd see if anyone's been there to check it out.
O.G.
Toured it last year. You are WAY too old.
bobinator
AG
SAWgunner said:

Toured it last year. You are WAY too old.
This is kind of what I'm expecting, but looking through their social media there were some old folks mixed i there so I thought I'd ask the Aggieland board braintrust.

Also open to other suggestions for chill things to do in the B/CS this weekend.
nashvilleaggie11
Grooves on the Green at Century Square this Saturday from 7-10pm
Broncos
You aren't too old. The Cove gets all ages. Some 60+ guys won the beer pong tournament last week.
scottimus
AG
I want to go and check out that surf pool!

Gonna go when they open early before the crowd!....

Lol
Suppose I was an idiot. Suppose I was a member of congress. But, I repeat myself.
Broncos
If you get there when they open at 2 you'll be fine. It doesn't really pick up until around 3:30-4.
bobinator
AG
What's the scoop on the Cabanas and that sort of thing? (I've emailed them also to get some info.)

Specifically thinking about Sunday, not sure if that makes any difference.
Broncos
They can be slow to respond via email. I'd try calling tomorrow when they're open if you don't get a reply today.

Previously we've walked up on a Sunday and got a bungalow without reservation for ~$80. The Cabanas run about ~$200 but are well worth it if you have a decent group. (Those prices are from my experience. They fluctuate depending on events/holidays/etc)
bobinator
AG
What are the perks/differences between the two? (It's kind of hard to see the whole setup from the photos)

Thanks for all the info BTW, it looks like a cool setup, definitely something different.
Tailgate88
AG
Where is this place? Never heard of it.
bobinator
AG
It's at the Barracks Townhomes at Deacon and Wellborn: http://bearx.com/
Broncos
The cabanas are above the lazy river and each have their own mini pool and giant TV. Definitely a cool atmosphere.

The bungalows are off to the side and have tables/seating and storage. Still cool but can't beat the Cabana atmosphere.

Both include a waitress and the option for bottle service.

I'd definitely try to get one if you have a group. It lets your group all be situated together and gives a good spot to k RP all your valuables. Also, aside from them the seating areas are scattered so finding a spot for a large group to congregate can be difficult.

(I don't work there but I frequent the place fairly often.)
bobinator
AG
Awesome, thanks for the info. Sounds like it could be a fun time, hopefully I hear back today or I'll give them a call tomorrow. Maybe they'll give me a discount if I promise to leave a review on social media or something, haha. I've been interested but didn't know if people that weren't students frequented the place or what the general vibe might be, I don't know anyone that's actually been.

I'm the oldest in our group and I'm 32 so we're not exactly ancient, but that's like 75 in College Station years...
Broncos
If it makes you feel better I'll be 30 next month. Most of the people I go with are 25-35.

You may try to shoot them a message on social media today also.
bobinator
AG
I sent them something on Facebook since that's the easiest messaging feature, I figure I'll hear something back soon or I'll just give them a call tomorrow.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Just go. You and your wife will have fun and you can scope out the local talent behind your sunglasses.
Papa Bear
Hey SAWgunner, I wanted to clarify and see if we can get you back out here. The Cove at BearX is an oasis of Good Vibes for adults of all ages and the only "daycation" in College Station. There is that misconception that it is for the college crowd, since we are so close to student housing. But the students have 20 other pools in town they can go to and roll their cooler full of Keystone into haha, but not here. The students obviously enjoy our venue, but was not the driving force when we created it. We are an elevated resort style venue that has a heart to serve our guests relentlessly. Our goal is help you experience those rare days in life where you pray it never ends. Its a care free place where you dont think about work or worry about your mortgage or any of the other things that stress us grown ups out. Come back out any day Thursday-Sunday from 2-8PM and promise you wont be disappointed. Let me know if you have any more questions. Much Love!!

https://www.facebook.com/bearxoasis/
Papa Bear
I highly recommend it. Its addicting! There are coaches on site to help you also. Its only $20 for the entire day (which includes your entry fee). Id recommend Thursday as it is 2 for 1 pricing on Fridays and is a little busier.
redd38
AG
Papa Bear said:

I highly recommend it. Its addicting! There are coaches on site to help you also. Its only $20 for the entire day (which includes your entry fee). Id recommend Thursday as it is 2 for 1 pricing on Fridays and is a little busier.

Your last sentence confuses me. 2 for 1 is Thursday or Friday?
bobinator
AG
I heard back from them and reserved one of the poolside bungalow things (their prices are extremely reasonable, I also asked if they could send their drink prices so I could ballpark how much we're looking at here and they did, also very reasonable) so I'll be sure to report back after Sunday.
Papa Bear
2 for 1 is Friday and busier on the Pro Flow. Thursday would be the best day to come ride, in my opinion
LandscapeChick
Love the Cove! Im 33 and my group ranges 25-40, we go frequently and always have a good time.
Broncos
bobinator said:

I heard back from them and reserved one of the poolside bungalow things (their prices are extremely reasonable, I also asked if they could send their drink prices so I could ballpark how much we're looking at here and they did, also very reasonable) so I'll be sure to report back after Sunday.

Drink prices are on par with the bars in town.
ags4rocks
So anyone can go?
bobinator
AG
sonar99 said:

So anyone can go?
Yeah, it's only 5 bucks before 5 and 10 after five according to the website. It's open to the public.

We're pretty excited to check it out Sunday.

When I was doing my investigating yesterday I found this video of the place which helped get a good perspective of the layout.

MiMi
S
Their website doesn't appear to have a link to their pricing page (for memberships, bungalows, cabanas, etc). I was looking for more information on their cabanas, and the FAQ section refers the reader to the pricing page for more information. Anyone have a link?
bobinator
AG
I don't want to post the link they sent me without permission, but if you email reservations@bearx.com they'll send you the info and a link to where you can reserve one.

I would assume the prices change based on the day and what's going on out there, but I booked one of the bungalows (which are the poolside ones, I think Broncos might have had that backwards or they might have switched the names around or something) for $125 which includes the entry fee for up to 20 guests.

Their customer service has been great answering the questions I've asked. (I wanted to make sure we could bring in food and was trying to figure out how the guest list worked and whatnot. They even sent me a price list for drinks because I was trying to ballpark a total cost.)

I was sending this around to our friends yesterday and nobody had heard of this place and everyone had the same reaction of "wait, this is in college station?!" so we're pretty excited to check it out Sunday.
Broncos
Yea, my bad.
bobinator
AG
Update: this place was awesome. 10/10. Would go again.
jac4
AG
bobinator said:

Update: this place was awesome. 10/10. Would go again.

Can you give some more specifics? I'm still not even sure what it is. TIA
bobinator
AG
It's basically just an adult pool is probably the most succinct way I can put it. There were plenty of older folks there so our group of folks in our late 20's and 30's didn't feel out of place even though obviously we were vastly outnumbered by younger folks.

It's basically a lazy river with a swim-up-bar in the middle. We rented one of the pool-side Bungalows that come with their own little pool also so we had a server (who was awesome by the way, the service at this place was top notch.) But we did go over to the swim up bar at one point and there wasn't a line or anything. It definitely wasn't overly crowded like I thought it might be also. Good crowd but not super crowded.
techno-ag
AG
bobinator said:

It's basically just an adult pool is probably the most succinct way I can put it. There were plenty of older folks there so our group of folks in our late 20's and 30's didn't feel out of place even though obviously we were vastly outnumbered by younger folks.

It's basically a lazy river with a swim-up-bar in the middle. We rented one of the pool-side Bungalows that come with their own little pool also so we had a server (who was awesome by the way, the service at this place was top notch.) But we did go over to the swim up bar at one point and there wasn't a line or anything. It definitely wasn't overly crowded like I thought it might be also. Good crowd but not super crowded.
So do they have an age limit to keep kids out? Any teenagers or school kids?
bobinator
AG
Yeah, it's 18+.
techno-ag
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.