Is BCS more tolerant of Parental Alienation?

2,206 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Oogway
4x4xfar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy Ags, been off the forums for a while, but wanted to get an opinion. My theory is that BCS, being the conservative bastion that it is, provides a more supportive, non-confrontational environment that allows parental alienation to thrive. For those that haven't heard of this monster, ABPA is "the process, and the result, of psychological manipulation of a child into showing unwarranted fear, disrespect or hostility towards a parent and/or other family members. It is a distinctive form of psychological abuse towards both the child and the rejected family members, that occurs almost exclusively in association with family separation or divorce, particularly where legal action is involved.

Having endured this myself for the last 4 years, I will say the schools and Courtrooms are well behind the curve, but that is my own experience. It is also understandable that many people "don't want to get in the middle" of situations like these, but I believe the constitution provides the right to confront your accuser. When your ex is running your name down all over town, forcing your children to call the new boyfriend "Dad", and will not allow you to see, much less talk to, your children...then it's time to stand up. However, I find that within BCS there are many similar cases making their way through the court system, but it's not a topic anyone wants to touch. If I were to fail to have the children at a custody exchange there would be an Amber Alert and cops chasing me down. However, when the roles are swapped, nobody bats an eye. And, before anyone jumps on the "get a lawyer" or "no judge would allow that" speech, I already have one, and yes...they do.
Love Gun
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Love Gun said:

Seriously, though your post is a bit random. And what the general population things probably has little bearing on the legal system you're dealing with.
MosesHallRAB83
MosesHallRAB83
AG
Love Gun said:

Captn_Ag05
AG
Did I stumble on Xanga?
MosesHallRAB83
AG
I don't mean this in a disrespectful way, but your post sounds as you are accepting defeat. If you have the facts and law on your side, then find someway to use them to your advantage. If it is that important to you, then do not give up.

Yes, there could be a legal bias, but that can be overcome with the right facts, etc. . . .
Stupe
S
This is one of the most conservative areas in the entire country and from my experience with friends that have gone through custody battles here, the courts don't lean towards either spouse unless there is good reason. They want both parents involved as much as possible.

Or....am I completely missing the point of this post and you know that whoever it is that you're referencing reads this forum and you are being passively aggressive?
Builder93
AG
It's not just BCS. It happens everywhere. The Dad is assumed to be the bad guy. Sometimes he is, sometimes he isn't. Don't piss in your own bed by posting on a local message board.
CEAg78
AG
Builder93 said:

Don't piss in your own bed by posting on a local message board.
THIS.
Oogway
Normally, venting frustration can be a good relief valve but in this case, you might wish to consider talking with a person you trust to simply listen. In some ways, BCS is still a friendly small town, in others, it is a hotbed of gossip, slander, and mean criticism. Save your sanity and reach out to a friend face-to-face.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.