Found drone

2,817 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Stupe
cowboychemist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A relatively unscathed 4-engine drone was found on Sunday afternoon in our side yard (South Oakwood one block south of George Bush).
duffelpud
AG
"What's this button do?"
Stupe
S
The "in my yard" part makes me agree with duffelpud.
Marlin39m
If it weighs more than 0.55 lb then it is required to be registered with the FAA. Maybe the owner actually followed the law. I wouldn't bet on it, though.
BrazosDog02
AG
I would totally keep that and try to get a replacement remote for it.

That's just me.
91_Aggie
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

That's just me.
Dear staff... Please remove this poster's Ag Tag along with the person who blue-starred their post (if that person has one).

TIA.
BrazosDog02
AG
91_Aggie said:

BrazosDog02 said:

That's just me.
Dear staff... Please remove this poster's Ag Tag along with the person who blue-starred their post (if that person has one).

TIA.

Indeed you are a far better Ag than I for calling out a post about keeping it and not the one about destroying it.

When you get done doing the Lord's work and virtue signalling, I'm sure the OP is interested in ideas or hearing how much time you are willing to invest for an unknown value of what is possibly a toy with an unknown origin having a minimum of 10 minutes of uncontrolled flight so he can return it.
RPJ83
BrazosDog02 said:

91_Aggie said:

BrazosDog02 said:

That's just me.

TIA.
Indeed you are a far better Ag than I for calling out a post about keeping it and not the one about destroying it.

When you get done doing the Lord's work and virtue signalling, I'm sure the OP is interested in ideas or hearing how much time you are willing to invest for an unknown value of what is possibly a toy with an unknown origin having a minimum of 10 minutes of uncontrolled flight so he can return it.
Stupe
S
That GIF.
AgFan131
AggieBarstool
I'd open it up and damage it somehow that's irreparable but not obvious, then try to find the owner (likely just give it to the police).
Vivificus
AG
I found a drone remote in my yard, we should bet together.
Viv
Moy
If registered, the drone will have a tail number that will lead to the owner. What kind of drone is it?

I'll play along further...... it sounds like the drone was found within Easterwood's Class D airspace (5 mile radius). Operating within this airspace requires airport notification - hobbyist and commercial alike. Was that notification made?
LastHamlet
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

That's just me.

Let's all hope you lose your wallet one day.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Are we talking a DJI drone, or those little dollar store kiddie drones
Stupe
S
LastHamlet said:

BrazosDog02 said:

That's just me.

Let's all hope you lose your wallet one day.
Yep.

A lost wallet and a device in a yard that can be used to look into windows is the same thing.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.