Lost Keys in South College Station

2,051 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MaoriAg
MaoriAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My wife lost her keys sometime Saturday night around College Station High School on/around Barron Road. We believe they were accidentally left on the roof of our car as we drove away that evening and fell off shortly after. If you have any information, I would be grateful.

I have checked with CSPD, the Barron Road Fire Station, Nextdoor, Craigslist, put out signs, walked the first 3 miles of our route we took that day and drove the rest. Is there anything else that you can think of that I should be doing to locate these keys. What would you do if you found lost keys in the road? I need to know how people would think to try to figure out the best approach to hunt them down. Thanks in advance.
Oogway
If I was on foot and I found them (and there was no id) I would take them to the CSPD. If it was close to CSHS when I found them, I would probably take them to their office and then check back after a few days and then take them to the police if they hadn't been claimed. That's what I would do because I know it's a hassle when people lose things.
MaoriAg
I hadn't thought to check the high school. Probably because I lost them over the weekend and they have been closed. I will call up there and check. Thanks for the idea.
Oogway
Without getting too precise w/respect to your location, I am thinking keys are kind of heavy (depending on the number) so yeah if they slid off it would probably be in the roadway or pretty close. I'm going to assume you walked in the street because it can be difficult to see objects from the sidewalk that are pressed against the curb. Hopefully someone found them and will get them back to you.
momlaw
AG
We picked up keys on the southbound 6 access road at Fitch.
There was a gym tag on them. Called gym they called member who called us.

Is there anything identifying on the key ring that a finder might run down, such as auto dealer?
If so, you might notify those parties in case they are contacted.
momlaw
MaoriAg
Exactly. There were a few sets of keys on there so they were pretty heavy. I walked the road, then road it with my bike, and then drove it. Thanks for the replies. My fear is they somehow ended up in a storm drain. Would be pretty terrible luck if that were the case though.
MaoriAg
The only identifying thing on there was a keychain with my wife's salon business logo on it. Hopefully that could help. I don't think her gym card was on it, but I'll definitely ask. That's another great thought. Thanks.

Edit:
Just asked my wife, apparently she had our gym card and another membership card on the keys. I will try to ask those two businesses if they have seen anything. Thanks momlaw for helping me to ask the right questions.
MeKnowNot
Are you sure that they were left on top of the car? Seems an odd place.

Maybe check way-under the car seat, in the trunk, bottom of the purse, etc.

If she did leave them on top of the car, she must have needed her hands for something else to cause her to set the keys down, might want to check that bag/object also. Maybe attempt to recreate what lead to it happening?
MaoriAg
To be honest, no. We are not sure they were left on top of the car or even where they were last. We have retraced every step since we last remember seeing them and searched the car top to bottom with no luck. She was putting our daughter in the car and often puts her stuff on the roof of the car in the process. We remembered hearing a weird noise as we were driving but figured it was something we had in the trunk. Thank you for your response! I keep believing they will just show up somewhere around the house that we have not thought of, but in case they don't we are trying to use whatever resources are available to try to find them sooner than later. I'd rather be proactive and find them at home and feel like an idiot than not do anything because I don't know for sure and then regret not trying.
JeepWaveEarl
AG
this may be the dumbest idea ever, but, have you checked the crease of the trunk to back windshield? i could totally see keys sliding down the back window and sticking in the crack of the trunk...and it not being a place you'd look.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...grateful for grace.....
Otto Braun 6/6/12-12/26/13
--cure pediatric cancer--
MaoriAg
At this point, nothing is a dumb idea. Thank you for the suggestion. I have checked everywhere that I think physics would allow, but I will definitely look again. Really discouraged that they are not anywhere to be seen, but nobody has turned them in to anybody or reported them found anywhere.
jrhmc
AG
Doesn't help this time but look into a Tile if you find them. They've been a lifesaver with finding stuff for me and my teens.
MaoriAg
Yep. Already thought of it. If only past me wasn't so stubborn. I remember when my brother got one thinking how pointless it was. Just wish this lesson didn't have to be so expensive to fix. I will be looking into a couple Tiles now. Thanks!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.