Suddenlink...again

1,879 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by nwspmp
rc_cat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For the third afternoon in a week my tv/internet has dropped in the Raintree area. No outages show and telephone rep had no explanation. Had anyone else had issues? It's been out approx. 25 min. so far today.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
You tried resetting your modem/router. Like a hard reset, unplug power and disconnect cable for 30 secnds.
rc_cat
Yeah - did that - it came back after about 45 minutes. If this was happening at various times throughout the day and night, I'd be more inclined to think it was on my side, but that it's happening each time in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday made me think it's on theirs. We've had random internet issues before, but this is the first time the tv has been affected too.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I used to, but they've been pretty good for me for a few years now. I use my own equipment and last time I was getting repeated drops I replaced the modem and it's been good since.
BCSMom
I'm in Raintree as well. No problems today, but as the day goes on my internet does get slower. I attribute that to the kids are home and using more wi-fi. Who knows.
nwspmp
rc_cat said:

Yeah - did that - it came back after about 45 minutes. If this was happening at various times throughout the day and night, I'd be more inclined to think it was on my side, but that it's happening each time in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday made me think it's on theirs. We've had random internet issues before, but this is the first time the tv has been affected too.
What modem are you running? I had serious problems with the Netgear CM700, which turned out to be a pretty consistent problem with any Intel Puma chipset based modems. These are typically used on the 1GBit connections and are 32x8 channel devices.

https://www.approvedmodems.com/do-not-buy-list.html

Replaced mine with a Netgear CM600 (only have the 400mbit package right now) and it's been super reliable.

Edit: The Intel Puma 6 chipset issue has supposedly been fixed for newer models, so it may be OK now.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.