3d printing recommendations

1,060 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Koko Chingo
Koko Chingo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This would be first time getting something 3d printed. Has anyone 3d printed a project locally in BCS? I found a few people listed on makexyz.com. None of the local printers have any reviews.

How was your experience?

I have all of the .stl files and am ready to go. My first attempt is a small project. I have an online quote; however, I would prefer to do business locally.

Someone posted in The Nerdery about buy one. I do not think I am there yet. I want to see how this works out first.
fcag
AG
We have one at FUNgineering that we've printed stuff for people before, though usually just small stuff.

Makers & Mentors have a number of 3D printers. I don't know their specifics, but I think they have memberships that let you access the equipment.
AggieBarstool
I manage an IT dept on campus, to include a makerspace. We are set up to accept payment from the public. I have no idea if our rates are competitive, but we charge just over cost of materials. If you know what you're doing with your .stl file, it should be super simple for us to print it for you. We're dead slow right now, but things will pick up when classes start Tuesday. We close at 5 today and reopen at after lunch on Tues. You can email me at

aggie
jason
at
gmail
dot
com

if you want to know more.
Koko Chingo
AG
Thanks, will email you.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.