New onslaught of roofing solicitors?

1,863 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Stupe
rc_cat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did we have another hailstorm and I missed it? I've had two different people come to the door today offering free roof inspections - Klein and Cobar. Or, have they finished with the areas with the most damage and now they're free to hit the neighborhoods not as badly hit?
Stupe
S
Ask for a permit.

If they don't have one, report them.
BrazosDog02
AG
It has been enough time since the storm that it's possible most of the initial inspections have gone to insurance and those sales guys are out making adjuster appointments in the area, or managing current installs. When that happens, they are going to make the most of their time there and try to pick up a few more leads. It's a sales job. That's how it works. If your area requires permits, then they should absolutely have those.
dubi
AG
Stupe said:

Ask for a permit.

Does CS require a permit?
mr83tr88
AG
Yes, CS requires a permit. They also take it very seriously. If the solicitors don't have a permit, inform them the police will give them a ticket. If they are soliciting and you have a 'no soliciting' sign, they go straight to jail. Call the non emergency number.
rc_cat
So, would any roofing company use drones to check a roof? The spouse got home within 30 minutes of the last roof guy - and when we were talking about it later, said it appeared there was a pickup truck in the street one house down with two guys in it flying a drone. Now, I don't know what two guys flying a drone looks like - but it made me wonder about the roofing company doing so.

Or, I could just be an old, paranoid idiot.
TXAGGIE10
City also requires the roofers have a Roofing Permit for roofing work done.
Stupe
S
dubi said:

Stupe said:

Ask for a permit.

Does CS require a permit?
ALL door to door solicitors must have a permit.

BrazosDog02
AG
rc_cat said:

So, would any roofing company use drones to check a roof? The spouse got home within 30 minutes of the last roof guy - and when we were talking about it later, said it appeared there was a pickup truck in the street one house down with two guys in it flying a drone. Now, I don't know what two guys flying a drone looks like - but it made me wonder about the roofing company doing so.

Or, I could just be an old, paranoid idiot.

We sometimes use a drone during install or after install for media and advertising purposes. But....we do it in plain sight because sitting in your truck with another dude and a drone is creeper level 9.

If they ARE inspecting roofs, then make sure you finding out who they are and don't use those guys. Lol.
Stupe
S
If I actually caught someone creeping over my home with a drone, I would call 911 and inform them that someone was getting chased by a guy with a bat.

There is NO excuse for doing that without permission. None.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.