Granite Countertops

2,056 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by CrazyAgE
AgProgrammer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for suggestions on granite shops around town that will install and are priced affordably. We have about 30 sq ft of countertops and a 15 sq ft of island top that we need for our new build barndominium.
EliteElectric
Granite Earth 224-4855
Scruffy
AG
Marble Craft.
chigger
AG
Marble craft does a very good job on countertops and bath tubs.
gibby03
AG
Old Stone Marble and Granite in Bryan out off of Old Tabor Rd. Their Tier 3 (most pattern) was ~55 a square foot and was cheaper or about the same and just as good of quality than Lowe's or Home Depot's Tier 1 (less pattern). Delivery date was set and was met without problem.

Old Stone Facebook Page
Abbyag06
We used Marble Craft 4 years ago and are still completely happy with our kitchen countertops!
aggiepaintrain
AG
Old Stone.

FJB
nthomas99
AG
We used Old Stone too. Hugo is a super nice guy, the price was good, and the job they did was certainly quality, but there was a reschedule or two and minor touchup work that didn't get done for a few months (surprising, since I hadn't paid him yet). Checking previous posts here, this is pretty common for him. I'd still recommend him and use him again, just caution if that kind of stuff drive you nuts.
kyledr04
AG
+1 for Old Stone
justalocal
I will second Granite Earth (Woody).
emtes
AG
Does Old Stone or Granite Earth do back splash as well? Existing countertops we have in our fixer upper is laminate that goes up the wall..
gibby03
AG
Yes, they will cut it to go in as a backsplash.
emtes
AG
I mean will they put in new back splash like subway tile. Not cut the granite for back splash. It would just be one less thing for me to do lol
gibby03
AG
Oh. Not sure about that. Don't want to guess either.
aggiepaintrain
AG
You'll need a tile guy for the back splash.

Kitchen remodels are no joke.
FJB
nthomas99
AG
at least when I used them, they didn't do backsplashes. We used Robert Baker (Baker Custom Tile & Wood) after the counters were in. If he's still around, highly recommend him. Excellent job.
EliteElectric
Granite Earth did counters, backsplashes, light construction and demo and the plumbing and sinks. HTH
kyledr04
AG
nthomas99 said:

at least when I used them, they didn't do backsplashes. We used Robert Baker (Baker Custom Tile & Wood) after the counters were in. If he's still around, highly recommend him. Excellent job.

The Bakers do good work. They did our tile, backsplash, tubs, shower, and carpet.
CrazyAgE
emtes said:

Does Old Stone or Granite Earth do back splash as well? Existing countertops we have in our fixer upper is laminate that goes up the wall..

I second, third and fourth Old stone...great people and great work! We just our countertops this past Fall with them

They do not do backsplashes anymore.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.