Did You Vote Today?

1,605 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by biobioprof
Oogway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Couple of run-off elections.

Not a big fan of the polling locations even if I understand why they reduced the # for this election. Rather than City Hall, would have preferred some of the other ones they've used like Welsh street, Episcopal church, Utilities building etc. Better parking, less traffic than Texas Ave, IMO.
isitjustme
AG
I agree, and 7 voting locations does not promote participation. Plus, I pay attention and I didn't even realize they had cut back to 7 locations until I heard it on the radio as I was on the way to my normal voting location. This forced me to re-route.
MiMi
S
Yep. Voted this morning. The signage at the church wasn't helpful( it's a big church!) but I found the polling location with the help of another voter. There were more election officials than voters so I expect the voter turnout number to be abysmal.
gettingitdone
voted last week during early voting
ro828
I voted last Wednesday at the utilities building, which was rather hard to find. There were about seven voting stations and several people were working there, and I was the lone person in there voting. I hope it got busier later.

I'd be curious to know what % of eligible voters actually cast ballots in a runoff election like this.
Tigermom84
AG
2.95% turnout.
BCSWguru
wasnt expecting munoz to get beat so bad.
KidDoc
AG
I thought about it but then I had clinic all day, lunch meeting, had to mow the yard due to the recent rains, and had tickets for Deadpool 2 so I never made it.

I wasn't sure who to vote for anyway!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Oogway
I must say, with respect to the Elliott/Benn run off, both candidates were very strong and I was pleased that whatever the outcome, the JP position would be in good hands.
CS78
LSCSN said:

wasnt expecting munoz to get beat so bad.
Seems runoffs tend to favor the new guy. Surprised to see Munoz go. The couple of times I dealt with his office, I was impressed with his knowledge and professionalism.

Also surprised to see only 1200 people show up to vote for Elliott/ Benn. I guess it at least makes you feel like your vote counts.

I really hope Vasquez beats Louis Garcia in precinct 4. If you ever want to see an example of someone that should not be entrusted with a high level of responsibility, go sit in that court room. An embarrassment to the legal system, himself, anybody else in the room, even the fly on the wall.
biobioprof
I voted at City Hall. I confess that I don't pay attention to what precinct I'm in so I was mildly surprised that the only race on the ballot for me was Garcia/Meece.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.