New businesses needed in BCS

10,351 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by quirkyaggie
Mmetag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What businesses do you think we need in BCS? What are we missing? Or where do we need more competition?
BCSWguru
this town could use a Hooters, some more apartments, and a Bush's Chicken.
Post removed:
by user
gus1390
AG
I haven't heard of an unusual number of businesses closing other than a few restaurants. What businesses are you referring to?
Captn_Ag05
AG
A few more entertainment/activity business (i.e. small-scale Top Golf type attraction), additional gym options (LA Fitness or 24 hours), restaurants with kid-friendly area (like Mighty Fine in Austin/Round Rock).
Captn_Ag05
AG
And a Sprouts or Trader Joes.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
A breakfast place that specializes in crepes and waffles especially. Even a Waffle Love would do well here.

Waffle Love

I'd love a better Italian option than Luigis in South College Station. Doesn't have to be a huge restaurant but something the size and similar to Cafe Capri would do well as long as the product is solid.

Fadis would absolutely kill it here and I'd love to see one.
Aggie7477
AG
Trader Joe's would be great. And I agree with whoever said above that a Top Golf or some other sort of activity place would be awesome to have. I'd also like a Costco. Have read things here and there about one coming but not sure any of it is for sure.
Chef Demas 2020
AG
Trader Joes would fail if it isn't a smaller shop located near campus....

I don't see bcs locals choosing trader joes over HEB or even kroger...
ChiefHaus
I have heard that the used to have one here and it closed, but a play it again sports would be nice.
bushytailed
AG
Central Market, but I'd settle for Trader Joe's or Sprouts

Cosco

NY&Co and/or Loft - stand-alone, not in the mall
curry97
AG
Speaking of Italian food, I would love it if a Gennaro's LaCuciana Italiana would open here
Sleepnumber
AG
Definitely Central Market. Unlikely to happen however.
BCStalk
Fry's is the cities could support it. Also wouldn't mind some other sea food places.
jja79
AG
This board should form an investment club and pursue some of these.
Oogway
Since this thread topic resurfaces every so often, I think I'll just through this one out there- - The French Laundry. Place it northeast of Bryan and see if it will work.
Post removed:
by user
Stupe
S
ChiefHaus said:

I have heard that the used to have one here and it closed, but a play it again sports would be nice.
Across the street from Dairy Queen and Discount Tire.

They closed because a 10% markdown on used equipment isn't going to get a lot of buyers.
frito bandito
I would love to see a hobby shop make it in this market, but the internet has killed brick and mortar shops.
Post removed:
by user
Captn_Ag05
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

Alas... Hobby Town didn't make it. Hmmm. Anybody else see a trend here? Hobby Town, Play it Again Sports....
Businesses that don't adjust to the new economy and market don't last long? Hardly unique to BCS.
australopithecus robustus
New businesses WANTED in BCS

FIFY
BCStalk
Slocum on a mobile said:

Alas... Hobby Town didn't make it. Hmmm. Anybody else see a trend here? Hobby Town, Play it Again Sports.... I've lived around here for the past 20 or so years... seen a lot of places close that are still going in other towns.

I still remember the place going out towards coulter field. I think the largest issue is that most things that kept them profitable required going outside. Not a popular thing for kids these days. Especially when you can simulate fun with an Xbox.
Morpholino
AG
Long range rifle range. I can dream, right?
DBSwooper
Morpholino said:

There's one in Millican.
BCStalk
DBSwooper said:

Morpholino said:

There's one in Millican.

This. A little out of my budget, but it's an awesome facility.
AOC98
A Gap, Banana Republic, or Urban Outfitters would be cool
Morpholino
AG
Out of my price range too.
jmazz
AG
Apple
aggiepaintrain
AG
Kolache Factory
Pappasitos
FJB
greentab81
AG
i think a great golf store would do well. One where you could have swing analysis and lessons other than at the golf course stores. Where they could make cusom clubs etc. i was looking for something like this to buy for Fathers Day and realized there wasn't anything in town.
jja79
AG
They're becoming rare even in Houston.
KidDoc
AG
greentab81 said:

i think a great golf store would do well. One where you could have swing analysis and lessons other than at the golf course stores. Where they could make cusom clubs etc. i was looking for something like this to buy for Fathers Day and realized there wasn't anything in town.
I wouldn't say they are rare. Golf Galaxy can do all this and is about an hour away.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jja79
AG
All the Golfsmith stores in Houston have closed, some have been rebranded as Golf Galaxy. In the north Houston area there were 2 Golf Galaxy stores and 2 Golfsmith stores, 4 total. In the past 18 months that is down to 2.
AggieBaseball06
AG
LSCSN said:

this town could use a Hooters, some more apartments, and a Bush's Chicken.
Well the Hooters is coming soon...
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.