New businesses needed in BCS

10,405 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by quirkyaggie
Roc96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Swensen's, please.
Roc
Captn_Ag05
AG
Taco Bueno
95_Aggie
AG
Looks like there is only one Swensen's left in Texas (Midland)
CharlieMac
Slocum on a mobile said:

+1 for another Seafood place....I wonder if our favorite restaurateur would try his hand at seafood..... CharlieMac?

jrhmc
AG
I don't know if it would do well but I'd love to see a good nursery with classes and a good native plant selection. The one I love in Marble Falls has classes on gardening and also a space for cooking classes. Like I said, I'm not sure it would do well but I would think that location would be a big factor in success.
sornman
I know Brazos Valley Roller Derby would love it if someone would open a roller rink in town. The closest one is Silver Wings in Brenham.

You would figure one would do well here if BCS can support 3 trampoline parks.
DBSwooper
Amazing how many things people want are business that were once here and failed. Maybe we (as a community) should think about local businesses we like now and be sure to give them some consumer love.
B$Weigem
AG
Some version of a Top Golf.
bushytailed
AG
DBSwooper said:

Amazing how many things people want are business that were once here and failed. Maybe we (as a community) should think about local businesses we like now and be sure to give them some consumer love.

To be fair, the old NY&Co and Gap were in the mall.
mmtexasace
AG
Fry's
The Original AG 76
AG
jrhmc said:

I don't know if it would do well but I'd love to see a good nursery with classes and a good native plant selection. The one I love in Marble Falls has classes on gardening and also a space for cooking classes. Like I said, I'm not sure it would do well but I would think that location would be a big factor in success.
second that.
Something like the Arbor Gate in Tomball. This area is woefully underserved regarding a full service nursery.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

This area is woefully underserved regarding a full service nursery.
Wasn't there one here before where Cavender's is now? Wolfe's?
jrhmc
AG
AGnCS said:

Quote:

This area is woefully underserved regarding a full service nursery.
Wasn't there one here before where Cavender's is now? Wolfe's?
It was at least more than 10 years ago. Another one tried over on the other side of the railroad tracks at Rock Prairie and Wellborn and closed about 5 or so years ago but I really think that was a location issue. Much smaller communities seem to be able to support a good, small nursery so I don't know why we can't. It just needs to be easy to access and have good service. Farm Patch is ok and has gotten better over the years but doesn't have everything that a good nursery has.
Oogway
I visited Farm Patch recently to look at their plants and they are really trying to up their game. They had some plants in great condition that I was able to plop right in the garden and they took off like wildfire. I didn't buy a lot since I grow a lot from seed, but they are on my list now of places to swing by. I stop there for produce but hadn't really taken the time to explore....they had some nice hardscape items too.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Something that may have been here 10+ years ago and didn't work may do very well now. BCS is a much different (and larger) market than it was ten years ago.
FlyRod
Agreed re needing a nursery. Producers was great once...until they stopped.
Wicked Good Ag
sornman said:

I know Brazos Valley Roller Derby would love it if someone would open a roller rink in town. The closest one is Silver Wings in Brenham.

You would figure one would do well here if BCS can support 3 trampoline parks.

I don't think we will be able to support three trampoline parks in the future
Stupe
S
DBSwooper said:

Wanting new or returning types of businesses and supporting current businesses aren't conjoined.

And this isn't the same city that it was even ten years ago.
DBSwooper
Stupe said:

DBSwooper said:

Wanting new or returning types of businesses and supporting current businesses aren't conjoined.

And this isn't the same city that it was even ten years ago.

You missed the point entirely. The point is that wishes and dreams are nice, but go out and support the businesses we have, especially the locally owned businesses, while they are here. It might even help them more than some realize.
Aggiewife64
Fish City

El Felix

Rex Racer
AG
I would kill for a Yardbird Southern Table & Bar. It will NEVER happen. But I would settle for one even somewhere in the state of Texas.

Zombie
greentab81 said:

i think a great golf store would do well. One where you could have swing analysis and lessons other than at the golf course stores. Where they could make cusom clubs etc. i was looking for something like this to buy for Fathers Day and realized there wasn't anything in town.
D&J Golf does a lot of this.
Stupe
S
I didn't miss your point at all. I just disagree with your logic.
JimLong50

Golden Chick and a Mamacita's Mexican Food.
theycallmemrtibbs
Braum's

Taco Bueno

Babe's

all three of these would kill it here!

Add me to the list of people who would love a Central Market but it Will. Never. Happen.
Post removed:
by user
lost my dog
Y'all need to think beyond your stomachs and your golfing habits. Petrochemical refinery. Multinational bank loan processing/underwriting back office.
Post removed:
by user
meinkee
Cap'n Tom's...

Chef Demas 2020
AG
Love me some captain toms! My only suggestion, not a complaint, is to change his logo from a catfish to like a red fish or anything else. It's a seafood place situated on a "boat" with a catfish logo...
jja79
AG
Except they serve catfish not red fish.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Roc96 said:

Swensen's, please.

Imho when this went outa business locally the product was still VERY good. Ice cream and food items. However it was shoddy bad mgmt that did it in finally. And the service had gotten so so bad.
Kitten With A Whip
Bring Grandy's back!
duffelpud
AG
This.

"What's this button do?"
TexAg1987
I'd like an auto parts store out near Tower Point
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.