Why remove the thread about Grimes?

1,914 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by techno-ag
gibby03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There was a linked article to The Eagle showing he was hired by CSISD with quotes from the Superintendent.

I'm not trying to start anything but I thought the big no no's were starting threads that were gossip or inflammatory. My post was neither. Just trying to figure out in the future what I can and can't post.

My post was a positive one about a guy who got a job who was obviously well thought of by CSISD to give him the job. Please feel free to reach out to me through PM or email. Thank You.

EDIT: Staff, I'm not trying to call you out in a negative way. Please don't take it that way. I (and it seems others) would like to try and understand why a post got deleted when it was nothing derogatory, a rumor or personal attack on anyone. That's all.
csnole
Please share staffs answer I'm curious too why posts are disappearing. Thanks
gibby03
AG
gibby03
AG
Ok, so I went back and reread the comment from Staff on the other thread. You mentioned that I "referenced the reason for the other post to be locked". Yes I did, I mentioned it and asked people not to say anything about it to keep it positive for the new guy being hired.

I'm thinking there is a little over reach there. But I guess rules are rules so....
Stupe
S
Quote:

Yes I did, I mentioned it and asked people not to say anything about it to keep it positive for the new guy being hired.
You just answered your own question. They removed a thread and you brought up the stuff that got removed.

How difficult would it have been to just start a thread talking about the new guy without talking about why the other one thread was removed?
gibby03
AG
Stupe said:

Quote:

Yes I did, I mentioned it and asked people not to say anything about it to keep it positive for the new guy being hired.
You just answered your own question. They removed a thread and you brought up the stuff that got removed.

How difficult would it have been to just start a thread talking about the new guy without talking about why the other one thread was removed?

I said "please don't talk about that on here".

That's not me talking about it. That's me asking others not too because it was obvious that didn't need to be on there. Seems a bit too much to relate it to me "talking about it".

Or, maybe you just delete that small 10 word snippet of the post and move on. But, to delete the whole thing? Seems a little far fetched is all I'm saying.
MTTANK
AG
Staff also nuked the one about Wesson telling families to "suck it" in his notes. In the end this forum is privately owned and they do whatever they want, which is 100% their right to do so. Pretty sure Gibby was happy they nuked the Wesson thread, as well as the grimes thread talking about the dumpster fire and misuse of tax dollars college view campus is.
gibby03
AG
MTTANK said:

Staff also nuked the one about Wesson telling families to "suck it" in his notes. In the end this forum is privately owned and they do whatever they want, which is 100% their right to do so. Pretty sure Gibby was happy they nuked the Wesson thread, as well as the grimes thread talking about the dumpster fire and misuse of tax dollars college view campus is.

Nah. Doesn't really bother me much. You're right, it's privately owned and operated and they can do what they want. I just question their "moderating" sometimes. Although if you were allowed to grandstand a little more I'm sure you would be ok with that
MTTANK
AG
I'm okay with them moderating their forum gib, have never complained about it once. They have to keep themselves out of legal trouble and their are some powerful people on the school board. And most of the stuff they have nuked was about a pending investigation about sensitive info. I understand it completely
gibby03
AG
MTTANK said:

I'm okay with them moderating their forum gib, have never complained about it once. They have to keep themselves out of legal trouble and their are some powerful people on the school board. And most of the stuff they have nuked was about a pending investigation about sensitive info. I understand it completely

You're probably right. I agree with the legal aspect of it as well and when I look at it from that point of view I can see it. I just thought, in terms of this post and what it was referring too, it was a little touchy. That's all.
techno-ag
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.