Old School Deli Style Sandwich

1,450 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Kitten With A Whip
Turf-Ag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is there anywhere to get a good old school deli style sandwich? I'm talking one where the meat is taken out of the cooler, sliced on the meat slicer to whatever thickness you presser, fresh cheese, and fresh veggies.
carpe vinum
AG
Assuming you do not consider Jasons, McAlesters, or the one by Home Depot up to your liking go try Readfields Meat & Deli in Bryan.
Oogway
Readfield's is good and I think Jersey Mike's slices the meat that way but they aren't open here yet.
double b
AG
Too bad Lenny's and New York sub are gone. Those two had some good cold cuts.
rhoswen
AG
Firehouse subs maybe?
rhoswen
AG
double b said:

Too bad Lenny's and New York sub are gone. Those two had some good cold cuts.

And Texadelphia!
Turf-Ag02
AG
None that have been mentioned are even close to what I am referring to. There used to be a gas station in Hempstead called Lewis' Grocery and they had the exact sandwich I am referring to. They would put what seemed like a pound of turkey on two pieces of white bread with mayo or mustard and whatever veggies you wanted. I worked at Lawrence Marshall for a summer and I lived off those sandwiches for lunch.
CS78
Pretty sure Readfields will make any sandwich you want.
BQ_90
AG
Turf-Ag02 said:

None that have been mentioned are even close to what I am referring to. There used to be a gas station in Hempstead called Lewis' Grocery and they had the exact sandwich I am referring to. They would put what seemed like a pound of turkey on two pieces of white bread with mayo or mustard and whatever veggies you wanted. I worked at Lawrence Marshall for a summer and I lived off those sandwiches for lunch.
Readfields is,the closest thing to Lewis that I've found. Lewis made mean chicken saled too
Nutmegger
AG
I wish somewhere around here had Portuguese rolls. They make the best sandwiches!
Kitten With A Whip
RIP Mikes Grocery/Deli
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.