A/C company recommendations?

9,596 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AggieDarlin
farmersfight
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
my A/C seems like it's taking longer and longer to cool off, most likely on it's way out. Who does Texags recommend for a new system? ~1,800 ft sq.
JP76
Marco Ordaz

979 777 2520

http://airecool-bcs.com/
Charli
Used for years - only problem is that they are busy!

Lavco

979-776-2756
ommama
We had some real issues with Lavco. They installed a new HVAC system in our home last summer. I will say that they fixed the issues in the end, however I would never suggest anyone use them. They left a mess in the attic, garbage was left in the drain pans which could have later caused an issue, things were not hooked up properly regarding a drain in the attic which was later caught by the LAVCO tech that came back after we complained about the mess that was left behind, and we failed inspection due to an exterior issue.

cz308
Marco Ordaz
meinkee
MIZE on Cavitt on Bryan. Installed our original AC's in 1982. We just replaced the first of two compressors and a condenser. Unit two still dandy! Unheard of for a compressed to last 36 years! I attribute it to the annual check ups we have done with them and we are on the third generation of excellent ac men. All of their staff is excellent.
meezermom
Marco with Aire Cool -- he's tops!
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Would like to throw EcoZapp A/C Efficiency's card into the ring.

We like to include our 10 year bi annual maintenance with all new systems , to upkeep all 10 year warranties valid and keep your systems running efficient and your A/C bill low. ( we're that company that has a focus to drive your a/c bill down every month)

We even change the filters for you every 6 months as well ( we include a media filter with all new installs, and those are 6 month filter changes) . Filter changing for 10 years...

Also here's a link to our contest, giving away 2 free systems in June ( if you win we give your money back)
https://www.ecozapphvac.com/

Thanks!

[img][/img]
rc_cat
Another vote for Marco!
fishngame06
AG
Everyone - with respect to the company posting above 2 posts up, I would be cautious of using some of their products. In this case if it is an older unit on its way out the door, it may not be as big of a deal, but just be aware of this specific company and how they do business.

Just leaving these here:
https://texags.com/forums/18/topics/2927898/1

https://texags.com/forums/61/topics/2867467/1
betas2000
AG
Save your time and headaches call Marco Ordaz with Aire Coole
979-777-2520
mr83tr88
AG
We highly recommend Aire Serv. Everyone from the office staff to the technician has gone out of their way to help us with issues regarding our a/c. As we have struggled to figure out how to pay for a new unit, they have gone above and beyond to treat us with dignity, respect and to help us find a solution. Of the various a/c guys we have worked with in the past and contacted recently, they are the ONLY company that worked quickly and efficiently to help us!

Try Aire Serv! We believe they will show you the difference in customer service and products!
fishngame06
AG
I too have used Aire Serv several times in the past 2 years and have been extremely impressed all around. Very nice, honest, and respectful to work with.
Post removed:
by user
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Question , has 100% of your info on how we do business came from a message board?

And you do realize we're basically an HVAC company right ? and we just choose to carry a handful of newer tech add-on products which some purifier the air, and some reduce your electric bill . This semi aggravates many of the old men that make up the majority of the hvac industry, (the ones still stuck in the yellow pages who don't like a new guy stirring things up).

Maybe there's a reason for the critics?

EcoZapp A/C Efficiency's mission is to Evolve the A/C service industry.
and that means the critics are gonna be everywhere

but hey if you're in College Station, stop by our expanded office which is going to have a decent show room. Would like to show you our operation with a fleet of 13 and team of ~23 by the end of this week.

And then you can report back to TexAgs on you finding with an educated opinion

That fair?

Kitten With A Whip
EcoZapp.Makes.Crisp.Air said:

Question , has 100% of your info on how we do business came from a message board?

And you do realize we're basically an HVAC company right ? and we just choose to carry a handful of newer tech add-on products which some purifier the air, and some reduce your electric bill . This semi aggravates many of the old men that make up the majority of the hvac industry, (the ones still stuck in the yellow pages who don't like a new guy stirring things up).

but hey if you're in College Station, stop by our expanded office which is going to have a decent show room. Would like to show you our operation with a fleet of 13 and team of ~23 by the end of this week.

That fair?

First of all, when message board regulars show up in droves to make the same recommendation, that speaks volumes about a company. Second, our experiences with that company IS an educated opinion whether we know anything about your company or not. Your attitude here leaves a lot to be desired.
Love Gun
I think someone just lost some business.

Stan Crowch
AG

That fair?

Oh baby pull out your coil and let me see the size of your fleet.
Kitten With A Whip
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Watchlisted.

I love me some ecozapp threads.
betas2000
AG
Ecozapp will learn what this forum can do to your business if you up with an attitude.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
ya'll guys are fun

91_Aggie
AG
Quote:

Also here's a link to our contest, giving away 2 free systems in June ( if you win we give your money back)

https://www.ecozapphvac.com/

Was that part in parentheses just for the OP in case they buy a system from you now?
Or is that part of the contest, i.e. by buying a new system, you get entered into the contest?

and since other people have been snarky on here, I want you to know that that is not my intent with the question.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Entering the contest is 100% Free

We're giving away 2 A/C Systems ( up to $10,000 towards replacement + install)

1 system to someone lucky ( chosen at random with lawyer supervision)
1 system to a nominated deserving person ( chosen by a 3rd party)

In the case someone wins, who also recently purchased a system from us, will be reimbursed.

link here : https://www.ecozapphvac.com/uncategorized/ac-giveaway/

PrincessButtercup
AG
Ecozapp is corrupt af.

Marco at AireCool is phenomenal.
TXAGBQ76
AG
How are they corrupt?
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
He supposedly thinks we hired his lying/ cheating gf for a week back in 2012.

This guy has hated us ever since

Love Gun

Nah, I think it's because of your arrogance and snarky posts on here.

You lose prospective business every time you post.
Kitten With A Whip
You really are doing yourself a disservice almost every time you post. Do yourself a favor: 1. Humble yourself, 2. Let your satisfied customers sing your praises instead of doing it yourself, 3. See #1.
AgProgrammer
AG
We called Ecozapp twice and their installer never called us back to see a new build and give us a quote. Thankful they never called now.

We had always used Marco for our AC repair in town and he's always been phenominal. We just built a new barndominium a little out of town and the job was a little too big and custom for Marco. So we called RM Mullinix and could not be happier with the work they did and their process. Top notch customer service and nice equipment. They run all American Standard
PrincessButtercup
AG

You're drunk. I'm a girl and my ex husband did work for you for a few months. And you are unethical.
techno-ag
AG
meinkee said:

MIZE on Cavitt on Bryan. Installed our original AC's in 1982. We just replaced the first of two compressors and a condenser. Unit two still dandy! Unheard of for a compressed to last 36 years! I attribute it to the annual check ups we have done with them and we are on the third generation of excellent ac men. All of their staff is excellent.
Plus One for Mize. We've got a rental built in the 80s that Mize installed during construction and it's still going. They are the only ones who've ever serviced it. We've stuck with them on all our places. Very happy with their service for years now.
aggiepublius
AG
For those that installed in the 80's be glad you were in before the manufacturing regulatory changes in the 90's. The changes to the manufacturing processes led to a dramatic decline in the average lifespan - ~30 years down to sound 10 for stuff installed in early 2000's -for components in residential units. I believe they have gotten better tech and processes that are just now starting to raise the life span.

And +1 for Marco
techno-ag
AG
aggiepublius said:

For those that installed in the 80's be glad you were in before the manufacturing regulatory changes in the 90's. The changes to the manufacturing processes led to a dramatic decline in the average lifespan - ~30 years down to sound 10 for stuff installed in early 2000's -for components in residential units. I believe they have gotten better tech and processes that are just now starting to raise the life span.

Yup. They don't make em like they used to. I'll add we're happy with what Mize has done for the newer units as well.
halibut sinclair
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.