A/C company recommendations?

9,598 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AggieDarlin
Stupe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Quote:

He supposedly thinks we hired his lying/ cheating gf for a week back in 2012.

This guy has hated us ever since
That is a very professional post on a public thread started by someone that is looking to spend a lot of money with a company.
removed-180810
Everything I do is professional. I'm even a professional liar.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
The fact that this sock and all these hilarious, embarrassing, and brutal threads are allowed to continue speaks volumes about what TexAgs thinks of EcoZapp.
75AG
AG
I used EcoZapp for pest control for a few years. They were good.

Then they started pushing their A/C product, that I would not use since I was in a brand new house and a system under warranty. And I mean PUSHED!

I guess when they sold out to ABC, they had to find something else to sell.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
On a completely objective and no self interest level its crazy a company would post in the manner they have in this thread and expect to thrive in business.
JP76
Slocum on a mobile said:

Trying Marco out tomorrow. Was not happy with our previous guys, and it's time for a check.

How was your experience ?
Post removed:
by user
Stupe
S
A new unit for 5K?

Is that a low SEER single stage?
Post removed:
by user
justalocal
Marco replaced an a/c unit for us in March. It was a 14 SEER Tempstar, 2.5 tons. His economical unit was $4500, the better model $5200.
Stupe
S
You might want to ask. SEER is important because it can have a drastic effect on your monthly bills. We are getting a 20-22 SEER variable speed because they are a lot cheaper to run.

JP76
It's a trade off in real life cost. Most minimum code is 14 seer. Depending on location it can take often 10-15 years just to break even on the more expensive higher SEER unit. This is a handy calculator to weigh it out.

https://kobiecomplete.com/cool-tips/seer-savings-calculator/
mullokmotx
AG
Have used Siegart One Hour since 2006.
Stupe
S
A good unit should last that long and I'm looking at my total investment.
Higher SEER units are going to either be two stage or variable units, both of which are much more reliable than a single stage. You also get better humidity control with those units.
We've done a lot of research over the past year since we knew that we were going to be replacing ours and there is no way that I would put a single stage unit on my house.
cz308
Ego Zapp said:

What a shame. I know who I won't be calling for any service work. Before this thread, I only could recommend Marco because we've used him a few times. I know who I will never recommend now though.

Do yourself a favor and stay off the internet or have someone else read it before you send it.
LOYAL AG
AG
cz308 said:

Ego Zapp said:

What a shame. I know who I won't be calling for any service work. Before this thread, I only could recommend Marco because we've used him a few times. I know who I will never recommend now though.

Do yourself a favor and stay off the internet or have someone else read it before you send it.
You just responded to a parody account.
cz308
Yeah I suppose I did. My comments still stand. This thread has become an entertaining train wreck.
Post removed:
by user
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Slocum on a mobile said:

While hilarious, "Ego Zapp" and EcoZapp are likely two different posters :-)

As long as we're all having a little fun right

We're just flattered someone took that much effort on our behalf, and cz308 might of had a chuckle as well

AggiePhil
AG
Siegert's One Hour
removed-180810
You are worth it Mi Amore
Macho Man Randy Savage is my patronus
GiveEmHellBill
AG
This is about as fun a trainwreck to watch as that guy from A1 Towing from waaaayyyyyy back.
halibut sinclair
Eco Zapp is going at it again over on the home improvement board and getting hammered.
Love Gun
halibut sinclair said:

Eco Zapp is going at it again over on the home improvement board and getting hammered.

That dude just doesn't learn. Should've stuck with zapping bugs. His AC business is gonna go down the crapper with his cocky ass attitude. I already tell people to go elsewhere when they bring their name up
AggieDarlin
AG
When I've looked for a service company, I've never said, "Hey, I've gotta try ABC123 because they've added 15 guys in two weeks, bought 90 trucks, won some meaningless award AND they don't have just one, but TWO SIGNS on that there building!!!"

I don't care about the size. Give me someone who is *honest*, dependable, and does quality work.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.