Word of warning for the elderly

2,322 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by chigger
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A Sam's Club employee would help out older customers with their debit cards and take an additional $20 in cash. She confessed to stealing over $700 that way before Sam's caught her. If you have elderly family maybe warn them about this scam and encourage them to not let the card out of sight, inspect their receipts, etc.

http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Sams-Club-cashier-arrested-for-stealing-money-from-elderly-customers-482811101.html
halibut sinclair
snaglepuss
I would like to mention that this can happen to anyone, not just the elderly.
ratfacemcdougal
Damn B...

Ok, What would be a creative (but real) punishment for her? I am sure what ever her punishment is, she will not have really learned a lesson.
The_Professional
Isn't it a greater crime now since it involves the elderly?
DBSwooper
ratfacemcdougal said:

Damn B...

Ok, What would be a creative (but real) punishment for her? I am sure what ever her punishment is, she will not have really learned a lesson.
Jail, repayment to the victims and a criminal record. Those would be perfect punishments for her.
Oogway
According to the article she said she learned to do it at her previous fast food job. Don't know if that means she already had a criminal record, learned how to do it but didn't attempt to do it until employed at Sam's, or just confessed to an earlier crime....
FILO505
AG
Wow. She tried to tell me how to self checkout. Dammit.
nashvilleaggie11
Fast food places have cash back options??
LOYAL AG
AG
Now seems like a good time to point out that the self-checkout mobile app at Sam's is FANTASTIC. Walk the store, scan bar codes as you go, checkout as you walk to the door. Can't use it for alcohol or things over $650, that's the only restrictions I've encountered. Excellent app that saves real time especially when the place is busy.
Well, okay then
AG
Another recommendation for the Scan and Go Sam's app. Works great.
CollegeStationMaid
I agree, I always use the Scan & Go. App as well
chigger
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.