Mold Testing

1,565 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JP76
Its Not Rocket Surgery
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone know of a local service who can do mold testing in interior walls? We discovered what we think is a chimney leak that has caused baseboard discoloration and delaminating (from the sheetrock) in the bathroom on the wall opposite the fireplace. Our drywall contractor recommended drilling test holes to examine the interior but I imagine it might be difficult to do a visual inspection without a borescope or outright cutting out a large section of wall. Appreciate any recommendations...
slyk
Check with Andy Merritt (listed in another post about home inspectors). I believe he has a business partner that is a certified mold inspector.
rsa
AG
Eric Phillips with Pillar to Post Inspections (ericphillips.pillartopost.com). He's licensed for mold inspections, and stands behind his work.
Its Not Rocket Surgery
AG
rsa said:

Eric Phillips with Pillar to Post Inspections (ericphillips.pillartopost.com). He's licensed for mold inspections, and stands behind his work.

Thanks RSA (and slyc). I'll check in ith both.
JP76
When in doubt, tear it out. At minimum remove the baseboard and cut only the drywall out that the base
covers. You should be able to tell from the back of the drywall that is removed. This should be done regardless so you can circulate air into the wall cavity where the moisture was at to dry it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.