Bryan DPS

1,703 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OnlyANobody
Ratsa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've heard a lot of complaints on here about the Bryan DPS office over the years. We had a really good experience there yesterday that I wanted to share.

About six weeks prior to my kid's 16th birthday, I made an appointment online for the driving test. We arrived at the appointed time, were called back within 3 minutes of arriving, completed the paperwork, and then immediately started the driving test. The clerk and the driving exam proctor were both polite, and we completed the whole process within 45 minutes. And my kid passed!
Oogway
EBrazosAg
AG
Ratsa said:

I've heard a lot of complaints on here about the Bryan DPS office over the years. We had a really good experience there yesterday that I wanted to share.

About six weeks prior to my kid's 16th birthday, I made an appointment online for the driving test. We arrived at the appointed time, were called back within 3 minutes of arriving, completed the paperwork, and then immediately started the driving test. The clerk and the driving exam proctor were both polite, and we completed the whole process within 45 minutes. And my kid passed!
rumor is the biggest problem there in driving test was transferred out or let go
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
LRB38
S
The complaints you have probably heard was about the long wait times. I know people that have gone in there without appointments and have waited 3+ hours to get their business handled. Since you made that appointment, it probably was not that big of an issue for them.
OnlyANobody
You should never go there for anything without making an appointment online. Finding the link Get in line is a little tedious, but once you go through the steps, it offers a time and you communicate with it via text. It texts 30 minutes ahead of appointment time, and you can either confirm, extend to the next available time, or cancel. When you arrive, you check in at the little kiosk, and your number is usually within the next 1 or 2 of the service you are there for. When I took my son for his permit, we waited less than 10 minutes to be called back.

Also, all the forms are available online, so you can have those already completed before you arrive. I've always found the staff to be kind and helpful. The waiting room is where you see a lot of disgruntled people, especially when people who've arrived within the last 10 minutes are served before them.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.