UPS and USPS are WORTHLESS!

5,516 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by tonytx05
Zombie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ordered a package from Amazon. Was supposed to be here last Saturday. However, there seems to be a bermuda triangle in the 2 mile distance between UPS and USPS in Bryan. Here is what the tracking says:

Saturday, May 12
4:45 AM
Package transferred to USPS for final delivery
Bryan, TX
4:38 AM
Package arrived at a carrier facility
Bryan, TX US

I have called both USPS and UPS and both claim they do not have it and no one can tell me where it is. What the hell am I supposed to do now?
nthomas99
AG
Hop on chat with Amazon.

If you catch them soon, they'll likely 1 day you a replacement that'll be here tomorrow. It will probably bypass both UPS as well USPS and get you on Fedex.

91_Aggie
AG
Blame Amazon for using whatever they call the cheapest method that combines UPS/FedEx and the USPS... It's usually always a mess.
ratfacemcdougal
I had a package from UPS that showed it going back and forth from San Antonio to Austin. At one point it made it from SA to AUS in 4 minutes. At another scan point, it arrived in SA before the departure scan from AUS. Your best bet is to call Amazon...hopefully it was not a one of a kind item from a reseller.
nthomas99
AG
Also, every time this happens, if you contact them via chat/email/phone they'll bump your membership one month out for free
Tariny
I'm fighting a similar battle now. USPS is saying it dropped off a package at my door on May 10, but none of us have seen it. I tried calling USPS and it was a 1 hour 20 minute to 1 hour 45 minute wait, so I hung up and will try again when I get off work.

I also contacted the company I ordered some clothing from, and they told me to ask my household, ask my neighbors, and to check my bushes. *sighs* apparently they think I'm a moron. Guess next time I will pay the additional shipping so that maybe I can skip USPS and their horrible customer service.
Zombie
Wow, never in my life have I been more confused. I went to UPS, they dont have it. Went to USPS and they went on to tell me that all of the tracking information below is just computerized and doesn't mean anything and that USPS has not ever received. Then goes on to tell me that they have a ton of boxes in the back that they are working through and for all he knows, it could be in there and it could arrive any day. Wait a second, if I ordered something and paid for 2 day delivery, wouldn't that mean that the USPS is obligated to make sure that the package is delivered that day??? How is USPS still even in business with this complete lack of customer care and business practices???

May 15, 2018
In Transit to Next Facility
The item is currently in transit to the next facility as of May 15, 2018.

May 14, 2018

May 13, 2018

May 12, 2018, 4:38 am
USPS in possession of item
BRYAN, TX 77801

May 12, 2018, 12:15 am
Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
HUMBLE, TX 77338

May 11, 2018, 2:34 pm
HUMBLE, TX 77338

May 11, 2018, 1:45 am
PHOENIX, AZ 85034

May 10, 2018, 4:45 pm
Picked Up by Shipping Partner, USPS Awaiting Item
PHOENIX, AZ 85043
BrazosDog02
AG
I get free prime membership almost by complaining every time a package is late. Also, there has been more than one occasion where they shipped me a new one free next day, and the then a week later, the original showed up unaccounted for so you can dump it on ebay or keep it for spare.

You pay a hefty price to get crap on time. Make them do it.
ringrit
A couple times, I have done this online search when things get caught in that black hole and miraculously, they show up a day or so later.

https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm
kraut
AG
I'm confused why you would go to UPS or think they were involved at all.
Zombie
Because Amazon ships via UPS then transfered to USPS for final delivery on many of their shipments
Oogway
Zombie said:

How is USPS still even in business with this complete lack of customer care and business practices???

Because this is how outsourcing (by UPS) works. You are not who USPS has to directly answer to. USPS is serving their contract with UPS not you, therefore complaining to USPS only gets you so far.

When Fed Ex and UPS grabbed the best routes for delivery, they knew this was coming and there was no way they could implement delivery on such a massive scale without having to charge high shipping costs.

I don't know if that counts as an indirect subsidy of two private companies, but they sure make a lot of money from shipping.
Tariny
So did you ever get your package? Mine was kicked back to the shipper, so now I get to pay $7.99 to avoid the USPS. I also lost an item because it's on back order and I'll be darned if I'm going to pay even more shipping for that one item.
chigger
AG
I have to say we have quite literally never had any of these issues. Maybe one or two minor ones ever. We order from Amazon probably at least monthly and for years. Always on time. Are we lucky?

Not really trying to be snarky, just curious.
bugle rank '87
AG
My last 4 deliveries from amazon prime took a week. It has gotten so bad I often am refunded purchase price as I was on 2 of the mentioned orders.
We’ve never lost a halftime...
redd38
AG
I'm currently waiting on an Amazon Prime item that was supposed to arrive yesterday, looks like it's not arriving today either.
BCSMom
I had one that was out for delivery via USPS and I guess they decideded they were done delivering for the day so never got it. Checked usps tracking and it ended up back at the local office. Had I not checked it would have sat there because they don't redeliver even though it was never an attempted delivery. Complained to 800# and never heard from CS location in the 2 days promised.
91_Aggie
AG
chigger said:

I have to say we have quite literally never had any of these issues. Maybe one or two minor ones ever. We order from Amazon probably at least monthly and for years. Always on time. Are we lucky?

Not really trying to be snarky, just curious.

I'm in your camp. I order from Amazon all the time and have never had a late or rescheduled delivery.
tonytx05
AG
I don't often have such issues, but when I do I just chat with Amazon rather than try to deal with the shippers. Usually get a replacement or refunds lot quicker that way.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.