Pappadeaux/former Scott & White property eyesore

4,559 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by australopithecus robustus
nought
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does the City not have any regulations (not sure of the right word) for what the owner of a prime piece of commercial property needs to do to maintain it? I know they can ping me if I don't cut my grass for what seems like 2 weeks.

The former Scott & White location off of University across from Fish Daddy's looks like hell, to put it mildly. Overgrown uncut weeds, parking lot in disrepair with 2 foot tall grass growing from cracks, half-broken concrete elements in various places. Does the City code enforcement have no way of dealing with this? Fine by me if the Pappas family doesn't want to build on land they purchased, but they should at least have to keep it halfway decent looking.
b0ridi
Report it here
https://en.seeclickfix.com/college-station
and see what happens
nought
AG
Doesn't give me a lot of faith in the City if a piece of property that visible on one of the main gateway roads into town has to be brought to their attention by a single citizen.
kyledr04
AG
The city is the reason they haven't or won't build on it.
happyinBCS
Well I am sure COCS does not care what they do, they are receiving taxes on a 2.4 million dollar value piece of property about 58k in taxes per year city, school, county. vs a 9 million dollar value when it was S&W and they received ZERO property tax
tb9665
Just look at the old Albertson's location, Academy, and Gander Mountain. Prime spots that sit empty.
InMyOpinion
kyledr04 said:

Why?
phatpat21
It's ridiculous that the academy and gander mountain spots are still vacant. I drive by them 2 times a day and I'm glad at least the old Academy location still keeps the grass cut and it's being kept up nice. Gander looks like an absolute hell hole. They haven't cut the grass in well over a month (it was before parents weekend in April). If I was Best Buy I would look at that academy location. They could have there own stand alone building plus I would be much larger. No idea what will happen with gander but it's a real eye sore right now. Crap I forgot about the old Dickey's BBQ location right there too. So that's 3 empty buildings in the same area.
EliteElectric
Gander will be an "At Home" soon.
australopithecus robustus
I've said it many times before. As long as HEB is leasing the old Albertson's spot, don't hold your breath. It will take the lease expiration and then deciding to walk away, a different use to take over the lease. So, although it's empty, it's actually by design.
kyledr04
AG
InMyOpinion said:

kyledr04 said:

Why?

Disagreement over the site plan is what's been rumored. The city is notoriously difficult to work with.
snaglepuss
EliteElectric said:

Do tell.
ratfacemcdougal
staff does not like rumors
Aggiewife64
kyledr04 said:

InMyOpinion said:

kyledr04 said:

Why?

Disagreement over the site plan is what's been rumored. The city is notoriously difficult to work with.
wrong.

Pappadeaux is not coming. They were never coming. They bought as investment
Captn_Ag05
AG
The City of CS keeps saying that the College Station location got bumped down because they wanted to expand Houston locations for the Super Bowl. Since then CS hasn't risen to the top but that it is still in the work from them. Not sure whether to still believe that, but it is the story that they are selling.
95_Aggie
AG
So this statement from Pappadeaux was fake news?

Quote:

In an email, Christina Pappas, Director of Marketing , said "We are very excited for a potential restaurant in College Station, Texas. We do not share details about our opening timeline until we break ground and begin construction."
KBTX article
Captn_Ag05
AG
EliteElectric said:

You can't just drop this and leave.
monkeyaround
Quote:

That is patently untrue. You need to abandon your information source because its totally wrong. It has nothing to do with the site plan, either. Pappadeaux isn't ready to make the move, plain and simple.
oklaunion
The reason given by Mayor Berry and her cronies for annexing Wellborn was to give the City the ability to regulate the appearance of The Gateway to CS. Once you are inside the gate, the appearance means nothing.
Cancelled
AG
Papadeaux is so 1994.

Jk..I love it
emtes
AG
"we are getting a Papadeaux" is so 2013
ratfacemcdougal
And no one believed we were going to get a Hooters once they pulled out of the Texas ave location.
MTTANK
AG
I thought everyone decided Gander was going to be turned into a bigger dickies BBQ? And I am glad papadeaux has not built, they have saved me hundreds of dollars!!
EliteElectric
I bid the At Home going in Gander location, they are actually expanding it 9000 sq ft. Should open next summer
b0ridi
b0ridi said:

Report it here
https://en.seeclickfix.com/college-station
and see what happens

Someone reported it, and the city says

"The Code Officer found no violation on inspection."
threecatcorner
Hmm, no violation for that, yet code enforcement saw fit to pit official notices on everyone's recycling can on my street for not putting them back "within 12 hours of collection" even though those cans hadn't been picked up yesterday.

When I called recycling, they claimed that it was collected last week (it wasn't), and that the next time they are scheduled to come by is next Thursday. Today is supposedly the off week, but they don't follow their own schedule.

12 hours is also stupid. I could understand wanting cans off the curb within 24 hours, but 12 is unreasonable when they don't come by the same time every time. Sometimes it's around 8 a.m., and other times, it isn't collected until after 5 p.m. That ordinance also doesn't account for people who work 12-hour shifts (applies to one of the neighbors who had a notice).
australopithecus robustus
The city disallows caliche as a parking surface yet they put caliche down across from the police department.

There is an ordinance against parking on grass that is enforced ferociously in Northgate, yet overlooked in other commercial areas regularly.

This stuff happens all of the time
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.