Bold strategy, Chik-Fil-A

5,208 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by gopitt
Fonzie Scheme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rent out 2/3 of your restaurant for some Mommy-Son Date night and tell the rest of the paying customers to sit in the corner. If the event is that special, just shut down the whole dining room and keep the drive-thru open. It'll save your otherwise pleasant employees the unpleasant task of having to repeatedly reroute the peasants that had no clue it was a special occasion.
redd38
AG
Seriously? Not sitting where you wanted is thread-worthy?
Stupe
S
"Is it really necessary to shut down the whole dining room for a few soccer Moms and their sons?"

- Fonzie Scheme if the dining room would have been shut down.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Yes. Yes it is. Isn't this board basically one big useless Nextdoor?

I'll be sure and text you next time before I post to see if it meets your standards. Post your number.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Hardly. Would've hit the drive-thru and gone home. Kids would've had to live with disappointment, but would've gotten over it quickly.
CactusThomas
AG
A thread complaining about CFA service? Now I've seen it all. Good work, TexAgs.
justalocal
What if all your children are girls? Sounds unfair.
Stupe
S
Daddy - Daughter Dances, Dunce.

Edit: I meant to put a winky face on this.
justalocal
^Ever see how much a daddy daughter dance costs?
75AG
AG
I always want chicken on Sunday. So there's that.
CrazyAgE
justalocal said:

What if all your children are girls? Sounds unfair.

Wait for the CFA daddy daughter date night. Problem solved
tonytx05
AG
Fonzie Scheme said:

Rent out 2/3 of your restaurant for some Mommy-Son Date night and tell the rest of the paying customers to sit in the corner. If the event is that special, just shut down the whole dining room and keep the drive-thru open. It'll save your otherwise pleasant employees the unpleasant task of having to repeatedly reroute the peasants that had no clue it was a special occasion.

So you're saying a business shouldn't be able to decide what to do with their own space? Did the peasants have to eat in the bathroom or something?
Stupe
S
Every year.
LOYAL AG
AG
They've been doing this for a decade or longer and advertising it for probably a month. Sorry you didn't know but this isn't exactly new. And like you pointed out at least they kept a few tables open for those not participating. This event has been popular to the point where they take reservations so I'm thinking that filling up the entire restaurant would not have been hard yet they didn't so that other people could dine in too. What does that mean? It means they likely turned away reservations, guaranteed revenue, on the off change you MIGHT come. What do they get in response? This thread.
Oogway
Note to self: BCS takes their chicken strips seriously.

Addendum to note to self: begin inquiry and research into an eight lane drive-through-only chicken strip concept restaurant. Working title: Chicken Run
Motto: Hot and Fast Hens

mwm
Maybe you should be more like your kids. Just sayin'.
viejo
Ever notice that Daddy-Daughter dances are organized by moms? If Dads organized such things, they'd be called "Daddy-Daughter hunting trips".
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
viejo said:

Ever notice that Daddy-Daughter dances are organized by moms? If Dads organized such things, they'd be called "Daddy-Daughter hunting trips".

Hayohhhhhh!!!! *rimshot*
stinkerbelle
I would rather sit in a corner on the floor even at CFA and see all those Mommy's and Son's spending quality time together than to go sit in any restaurant and see nothing but the whole table with their faces stuck to their phones not even realizing they are sitting at a table full of other people, most especially their family. It breaks my heart to see this. When we go out to family dinner, all phones are silenced, kept in pockets or purses or left in the car. No exceptions. I am not going to spend all that money on a nice dinner for something we can do at home for free with a fried bologna sandwich.
91_Aggie
AG
"Oh noes!!! Something very minor did not go perfectly as I planned out... How can anyone expect me to deal with this annoyance?!?!. This must be corrected. Americans should not have to be traumatized in this manner!"
Fonzie Scheme
AG
In your typical alarmist fashion. This board never fails to deliver on the faux outrage one way or another.
Mr Mojo Risin
AG
Oogway said:

Addendum to note to self: begin inquiry and research into an eight lane drive-through-only chicken strip concept restaurant. Working title: Chicken Run

America was built on speed, hot, nasty, badass speed.
Stupe
S
Fonzie Scheme said:

In your typical alarmist fashion. This board never fails to deliver on the faux outrage one way or another.
Yep.

Check out the thread this guy started.

I AM ANGRY!111!!!

GiveEmHellBill
AG
Fonzie Scheme said:

Fonzie Scheme
AG
Never said I was angry. You're reaching. This thread is fun to me.
ratfacemcdougal
get the CLUCK out....brilliant idea!
gibby03
AG
In today's climate, I wonder how long before someone demands the owner to be replaced and all Chick Fil A owners have to offer a submittal of acceptance that in the future they will no longer plan an activity, no matter how wholesome of an idea it is, during normal business hours in hopes of never offending anyone in the future of their chicken strip dining experiences.
bonfiresmoke
Fonzie Scheme said:

Yes. Yes it is. Isn't this board basically one big useless Nextdoor?

So which one of you guys left your lawn sprinklers on in the rain?
Oogway
It wasn't us, but I swear I saw a mountain lion cross the tracks at Wellborn and Rock Prairie this morning. Keep your chicken strips, small children and pets inside.

Edit=meant to use the wink face
Crusader
Sounds like a First World problem
Scruffy
AG
Oogway said:

That would also be a great strip club name.
Mr Mojo Risin
AG
Scruffy said:

Oogway said:

That would also be a great strip club name.
Might need more than 8 lanes if THAT was drive-thru only.
America was built on speed, hot, nasty, badass speed.
Geralt of Rivia
S
91_Aggie said:

"Oh noes!!! Something very minor did not go perfectly as I planned out... How can anyone expect me to deal with this annoyance?!?!. This must be corrected. Americans should not have to be traumatized in this manner!"

Says the guy that made a thread complaining about having to go to Applebee's for mother's day
gopitt
How dare that restaurant owner run his business the way he wants!
I'm boycotting.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Boycotting? Only precious snowflakes do that. Have fun.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.